Page
of 2

[Dev Request] Dev Events!

12 replies
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
As some of you are aware a few devs were in WSRP last night while they did a PvP event!

Caydiem specifically asked us what kind of events we'd like to see from them in the future, and they made a link on the WS Forums (which I can't find now >.> but I'll repost it up there once found)

So what kind of events would you like to see the devs create for us?
Posted Sep 16, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+386

• Scavenger hunts.
  • Small team world PvE competitions.
  • Costume contests
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 16, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+171
Caretaker
I'd love some story based events. Defense or offensive style events in the world at locations that are limited time available. Possibly started via a town crier or a mass datachron message of what it is happening and where. Attack the strain, defend against the strain, a world event that can make the different in overtaking a part of the world and reclaiming it (For a time) Or loosing a part to the strain as well...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Chef Noriack, owner of Noriack's Cafe Dominion Side. Available for catering of events!
~Noriack's Cafe, 10pm est Saturdays. Where the Science of Eating is Practiced on your Tastebuds!
Posted Sep 16, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+63
So what about showing my character off since he has a Scottish accent for RP to make myself standout from British and (bad) Cockney accent? I don't know if it might work or not but that two accents (cockney and british) kinda feel stale and feel that Dominion need to have more than one culture and more "British Commonwealth" (excluding Canadians since they're similiar to US except French Speaking provinces).
Douglas Bricius (Cassian Warrior Scientist, OC and Main character)
Brigid Bree (Human Stalker Soldier, Exiles Alt and future brewery owner)
Ferg McJinti (Chua Working Class Author)
Valeria Caesarius (Fleet Officer and a Lady)
Ursula Zaros (Mordesh Medical Migrator)
Posted Sep 16, 15
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
wrote:
So what about showing my character off since he has a Scottish accent for RP to make myself standout from British and (bad) Cockney accent? I don't know if it might work or not but that two accents (cockney and british) kinda feel stale and feel that Dominion need to have more than one culture and more "British Commonwealth" (excluding Canadians since they're similiar to US except French Speaking provinces).

Well, I think they're looking for more events that can engage the entire population. Focusing on your character's accent individually probably isn't too engaging for most of the players.
Posted Sep 17, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+22
Cookie's idea sounds cool :)
Posted Sep 17, 15
Stars:
+141
As they wanted to avoid events that pile players up in a specific zone and the server issues that would inevitably come of it-

• Dev shiphands! Most are easy, fun, and it would encourage people to group queue instead of running them solo for a little while.
  • Another round of PvP games of whichever sort would be a blast, too. That seemed to work out really well.
  • 'Invasions' and battle events scattered across multiple zones of a boss or few challenging-for-a-gaggle-of-overeager-players packs of things dropped in? Most zones have relatively out of the way spots where it wouldn't get folks out leveling/questing stomped. Strain spreading in unexpected places needs to be cleansed with fiyah, Osun or Falkrin mounting unexpected widespread attacks, Torine swordmaidens looking for spars have ranged far and wide, augmented things or Ascendancy trying to swipe new recruits--many options.
  • Hide and seek, with vague hints that get more specific every few minutes, or a second vote for scavenger hunting. Scavenger hunts can be a blast, and there's plenty of interesting landscape markers and unique locations out there. It could work so well.
  • Housing hop with the devs? We already know they're fans of some of the great work out there, and have excellent builders among themselves, but an hour or two whirlwind touring some standout builds could be amusing? (And no doubt it would grant some of those houseowners the well-deserved achievements related to having many people pop into their plots.)
  • Non-combat related story, RP, and lore events would be fun, but might not appeal to the wider range of the playerbase? Still, a live bit of story where simple player presence holds weight can do amazing things, or where we get info and interaction from world NPCs would be a blast to see. Some of my favorite events in past, smaller MMOs merely involved administration taking control of mobs and having them talk to players out of the blue. Hilarity ensued.
Entity [E] Andric Pena, Jack Dynaer, Viere Skysoul.
Posted Sep 17, 15 · Last edited Sep 17, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+150
Kezrek Warbringer could get together with the Nexus Cross Circuit to host a 3v3 arena tournament. ;)
Main: Rihko Kirijo - ENT-Dom
Cassian Scientist/Spy/Commissar
Owner, Kirijo House Gardens
Special Agent, ICI Nexus Division
Missionary, The Vigilant Church Circle

Alt: Keerith Brightleaf - ENT-Ex
Aurin Vagrant/Diner Cook/Treasure Hunter
Posted Sep 17, 15
Stars:
+68
Dev vs Player Wildball! (self-explanatory)

Roommate-A-Dev! (where you roommate a dev and have them play around with your plot and build something together)

Adventures! Shippies! Dungeons! Anything but raids! (cause that's hardcore)
Don't Chua wish your girlfriend was Lopp like me?
Posted Sep 17, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
My favorite part of "Roommate a Dev" is I just imagine that from a pure RP point of view.

"Sunshine, did y'drink the last of the milk?" ". . . well I couldn't leave the house because you parked behind me" "Come on Sunshine. We've talked about this"
Posted Sep 17, 15 · OP
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices