WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 6

Add-on Request!

50 replies
Stars:
+386
I already fixed that locally, waiting on a few more improvements to the comm (I'm putting in redundancy for when you get throttled.) then I'll release a new one.

As far as queries, it checks and sees if you're a known RPer before sending. So once you get someone in the list, ti's set. This will reduce comm chatter as useage ages. It's just heavy now with a young addon. This also keeps more bandwidth open for Look At Me, IC! to do its job later. That will mod Look at Me, RP! to put IC / OOC instead of RP.

The ideal solution, and more out of scope with what I have time for, is for it to detect the current nameplate addon and then actually add the icon to it. I set the thing to fall outside the range of the default nameplates. While I realize not everyone uses those, everyone has access. I did not like having to do the adjustment controls in PDA. it confused people to the point they didn't even realize that they were there.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 21, 15 · Last edited Sep 21, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+386
Updated the addon, it has a few unit variable checks.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 28, 15
Stars:
+2,002
TB, received this error while targeting myself during some UI tests/tweaks:
Quote:
...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:265: bad argument #1 to 'SendPrivateMessage' (string expected, got nil)
stack trace:
[C]: in function 'SendPrivateMessage'
...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:265: in function 'RequestPlayerStatus'
...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:306: in function <...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:301>
[C]: in function 'SetTargetUnit'
ui\TargetFrame\TargetFrame.lua:1422: in function <ui\TargetFrame\TargetFrame.lua:1419>

Edit: Also received the same error when entering Illium.
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Sep 29, 15 · Last edited Sep 29, 15
Stars:
+275
Not sure if we're supposed to be posting this here, but until LaM get's it's own dedicated thread:

Copy
...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:265: bad argument #1 to 'SendPrivateMessage' (string expected, got nil) stack trace: [C]: in function 'SendPrivateMessage' ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:265: in function 'RequestPlayerStatus' ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:306: in function <...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:301>

Get the following when attempting to select myself in game.
3462105.jpg
Posted Oct 2, 15
Star
List
Undo
Yep, got a similar thing as Pyra with LookatMe, I posted it on your Curse site.
Illustration (Personal)

Photography (Industry/Professional)

^ie. Stuff I do for a living.

Posted Oct 6, 15 · Last edited Oct 6, 15
Stars:
+386
I was thinking of redoing this or offering some code to Script. Look At Me has some drawbacks that are a PITA for a code jam project that I can't dedicate real time to.

Injecting RPer into the tooltip would be easier and could be combined with LFRP. Maybe.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Oct 6, 15
Stars:
+168
Online on Site
@TB: By tooltip, do you mean the window that pops open when you mouseover a character? I much prefer an indicator attached to the name plate.

@All: The new limitations of the inter-addon communications lib make doing a full PDA addon difficult.

In light of Toggle's time issues is there interest in a limited scope alternative that places an RP icon that reflects RP state (OOC, LFRP, In Open Scene, In Closed Scene) with the character nameplate and possibly add an RP title?
Posted Oct 7, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+321
Cogohi, in plain terms, what are the limitations on inter-addon communications now?
Posted Oct 7, 15
Stars:
+168
Online on Site
We used to have a high pressure fire hose but that kept knocking people over (It caused some significant lag when a lot of large updates like the backstory text was shared)

That got replaced with a pipette (a very thin tube). Typical CRB over-reaction. Their suggested work-around was to use a guild channel *headdesks* Yes they were told how utterly dumb that idea was.

Addon authors now have to worry about the volume of data that is both sent and received. If too many people are sending data on the same channel you run the risk that receivers won't get some or even all of them.
Posted Oct 7, 15
Remarus Locke Benefactor
Stars:
+167
Just musing a workaround, but could you program the addon to do a character count on a field, and then send a request to the receiving client asking for that number back? If there's a mismatch, re-send the data.
Remarus Locke @ Entity - Explorer, Owner of the Skyglade Lodge.
Member of Idle Drifters, an RP/PVE guild.
Posted Oct 7, 15 · Last edited Oct 7, 15
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices