Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 6

Add-on Request!

50 replies
Stars:
+2,002
wrote:
In addition to the color I was thinking that the symbol should be OOC, RP with binoculars (searching for), RP with a lock (in a closed scene), and RP (in an open scene). (Think I missed a state).

I actually really like this idea. Having a quick and simple tagging system would be pretty amazing.
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Sep 17, 15
Stars:
+386
Coghi, this is only basic. I'm not adding features. Just a flag.
Maybe another version of Look At me with options another time, but my time is limited while school is in session. If you want to join as part of the project, I can add you.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 17, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
We really appreciate you doing this Toggle!
Posted Sep 17, 15 · OP
Stars:
+386
You are awesome Togglebutton!

Though while I turned on the addon to ignore version mismatch I currently do not see the icon on myself at all, so unsure if I've done something wrong or if it doesn't like chua.

I have both tried with nameplates turned on and off, if there a particular thing it is associated with that needs to be on?

(EDIT) Okay, it seems to work, I can see it on others I see now someone with the symbol. :)

!

Nori, I didn't put an icon on the user. When i fix the accidental print messages, I'll add some text to show on and off on log in.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 17, 15
Stars:
+386
So, a tagging system would require even more communications, which can be fickle. This is why I just did a "Hey I'm an RPer" flag.

I'll look into it when I get a shot.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 17, 15
Stars:
+141
I've got a tiny issue with the RP icon from other people sticking to random portions of the window, seems to happen when they move out of visual range? Nothing too bad, a reloadui cleans it off.
Entity [E] Andric Pena, Jack Dynaer, Viere Skysoul.
Posted Sep 17, 15
Stars:
+168
If you want to join as part of the project, I can add you.

Sure, my dev login on curse is CogohiCC and Cogohi on github.
Posted Sep 18, 15
Star
List
Undo
Remarus Locke Benefactor
Stars:
+167
I was asked in WSRP chat to toss the error log here, since it's been throwing errors since I loaded it.

Copy
...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: attempt to index a nil value stack trace: ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: in function 'RequestPlayerStatus' ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:279: in function <...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:274> Message Throttled. Message Throttled. Message Throttled. Message Throttled. ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: attempt to index a nil value stack trace: ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: in function 'RequestPlayerStatus' ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:279: in function <...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:274> ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: attempt to index a nil value stack trace: ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: in function 'RequestPlayerStatus' ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:279: in function <...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:274> Message Throttled. ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:245: attempt to index local 'unitNew' (a nil value) stack trace: ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:245: in function 'CreateRPIcon' ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:210: in function <...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:203> Message Throttled. Message Throttled. Message Throttled. Message Throttled. Message Throttled. ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: attempt to index a nil value stack trace: ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: in function 'RequestPlayerStatus' ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:279: in function <...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:274> ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: attempt to index a nil value stack trace: ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: in function 'RequestPlayerStatus' ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:279: in function <...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:274> Message Throttled. Message Throttled. Message Throttled. Message Throttled. Message Throttled. Message Throttled. ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: attempt to index a nil value stack trace: ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: in function 'RequestPlayerStatus' ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:279: in function <...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:274> ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: attempt to index a nil value stack trace: ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: in function 'RequestPlayerStatus' ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:279: in function <...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:274> ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: attempt to index a nil value stack trace: ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: in function 'RequestPlayerStatus' ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:279: in function <...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:274> ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: attempt to index a nil value stack trace: ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:239: in function 'RequestPlayerStatus' ...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:279: in function <...Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LookAtMe\LookAtMe.lua:274>

Hope it helps!
Remarus Locke @ Entity - Explorer, Owner of the Skyglade Lodge.
Member of Idle Drifters, an RP/PVE guild.
Posted Sep 20, 15
Stars:
+386
Working to refine the communications to fix that.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 20, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+168
Had a chance to play with this this afternoon. I really like how the icon tracks the plate. That was something that irritated me with PDA.

Sorry about being a Buttinski but...

In RequestPlayerStatus() you need to guard against strUnitName coming back nil
Same thing with idUnit in CreateRPIcon()

As far as comms goes, the 1.3.0 patch notes were wrong about the OnMessageReceived() event. The third argument is the sender name so you don't need to transmit that.

You'd probably be better off broadcasting a short message every minute or two on the global channel instead of sending individual queries to every toon within sight. I recommend a timestamp of the last time that player updated their profile and maybe their RP status.

Depending on configuration the icon lands dead center of the bars painted by OptiPlates so adjustable offsets would be useful.
Posted Sep 20, 15 · Last edited Sep 20, 15
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices