Page
of 6

Add-on Request!

50 replies
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
I know very little about add-ons, and I'm not even sure if this is doable anymore, but wanted to ask!

With F2P right around the corner, we don't really have anything like the old PDA. PDA has a lot of neat features, and obviously optimally, we'd have an addon that could do all of them!

However is it possible for a "bare bones" one to be made? Something that basically just puts the giant "I'm an RPer!" tag over your head like the last PDA? This was IMO the most important feature of old PDA since it let people pick out RPers easily and kind of find others and bring them into the community. The bio is nice and obviously optimal, but is this something that we could "slap together"?

Someone more knowledgable than me, please let me know!
Posted Sep 16, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+275
Last I heard, Olivar was still in progress on Cozmotronic. I'd been tinkering with the idea of a "who" style addon that would show nearby roleplayers and or events, but I've not had the time to think about it seriously. Basically all that would require to be sent via ICComm would be a single boolean (bIsRoleplayer) and maybe a small table (event name, location, creator name). When I saw Cozmo, I back burnered the idea because replication of efforts is not my thing, and Cozmo basically does that with all the functionality of the former PDA.
3462105.jpg
Posted Sep 16, 15
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Gotcha, thank you!

I guess just getting anxious with F2P so close. That addon really helped us in early game find each other and unite as a community so if there's anything I can do to help either get Cozmo running or making the bare bones type thing described above done, let me know.
Posted Sep 16, 15 · OP
Stars:
+386
I could probably do this this weekend...
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 16, 15
Stars:
+386
Or right now.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 16, 15
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
I LOVE YOU TB
Posted Sep 16, 15 · OP
Stars:
+386
http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/WildStar/236125-look-at-me-rp
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 16, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+171
Caretaker
You are awesome Togglebutton!

Though while I turned on the addon to ignore version mismatch I currently do not see the icon on myself at all, so unsure if I've done something wrong or if it doesn't like chua.

I have both tried with nameplates turned on and off, if there a particular thing it is associated with that needs to be on?

(EDIT) Okay, it seems to work, I can see it on others I see now someone with the symbol. :)

!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Chef Noriack, owner of Noriack's Cafe Dominion Side. Available for catering of events!
~Noriack's Cafe, 10pm est Saturdays. Where the Science of Eating is Practiced on your Tastebuds!
Posted Sep 16, 15 · Last edited Sep 17, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+321
Works for me. Nice.
Posted Sep 17, 15
Stars:
+168
Online on Site
I considered knocking out something similar and was thinking about UI on the way home. Interesting that we came to similar thoughts on the graphic. Several of my co-workers and a surprising number of my customers are colorblind so I'm somewhat sensitive to their needs.

In addition to the color I was thinking that the symbol should be OOC, RP with binoculars (searching for), RP with a lock (in a closed scene), and RP (in an open scene). (Think I missed a state).

Are you planning on adding a broadcast feature to avoid the need to click on other people?
Posted Sep 17, 15
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices