of 2

[Announcement] Community Call to Arms!

12 replies
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Hey guys!

With Free to Play coming around the corner, I think it's an important time to determine what kind of community we want to be. I've always seen the Wildstar community as a positive community and a force for good in the past and I hope we can keep it that way!

New players won't know what to expect of our community; they're new. They won't know how the game was, only where it will be going. They'll see whatever face we want to put forward when they get here.

To me, it's important that we put up a united front so to speak! I want us to be the friendly, supportive community! The mature community, the fun community that people can feel accepted in, can enjoy without being harassed, can find the RP they're looking for, and make friends IC and OOC. We've all played other MMOs. We don't have to be those communities if we don't want to be.

What this means as I see it is we need to make sure we find the new players and help them, wherever we can.

So what can we do to help people and the community at large? I'm glad you asked!

Direct people to the forums - We have a lot of resources here!

Talk to newbies, answer their questions, tell them where to find RP! Someone is shy and standing at the back of a room, say hello. Someone is brand new to RP, talk to them OOC and encourage them.

If you want to RP, create some! If you're looking for RP, there's a good chance other people are looking too. I've found a quick "Hey guys we're RPing at <location>" is a great way to just kick up an event whenever you want!

Really, just keep being your best! Players will react to the community as they see it. If they see aggressiveness, they'll become aggressive. If they see acceptance, they'll become accepting. We can all make the community we want to play in, so let's make it a great one!
Posted Sep 12, 15 · OP · Last edited Sep 12, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+3
Untagged users
The community i would personally like to see is a community in which everyone works togeather, one where people are not afraid to have PvPers, PvPers, and RPers togeather and will co-operate with one another. esentually this is me saying, i welcome free to play. but as we are all a part of WSRP, we can make a difference! we're RPers, we make up one of the three major categories ingame. Lets show em what it means to be a great community and not back down.
Posted Sep 12, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+20
As someone who has only recently ventured into the WildStar RP community, I have found folks to be welcoming ... and would also enjoy such outreach efforts. :-)
Posted Sep 13, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Well, if you're on Exile side of Entity, feel free to poke me sometime! Peppercorn Tanglesprout. =)
Posted Sep 13, 15 · OP
Stars:
+321
What is a very good, very very short, easy to remember tinyURL or something we can use when around newbies to direct them to a welcome page of some sort? Not just a list of resources, but an entry that says 'Welcome' and really explains the heart of what we as a community are about?
Posted Sep 13, 15
Stars:
+78
I've been moderately active here for a few months now, and have seen nothing but amazing conduct by almost every player towards scenarios, both embracing new faces and their interactions with old veterans.

Carrying this on, on a bigger scale, is very feasible and an awesome, good thing!

/complimentrant2
Odd Arts of Leschinsky (Also a Deviantart)
Arbon Vale Aurin Cultural Preserve
Sahr Aurin Desert Nomadic Culture
Posted Sep 13, 15
Stars:
+3
Untagged users
WSWelcome?
Posted Sep 13, 15
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
Elkhan Albright : Hey, a welcome thing link might be something we can finally put in the site header!
SRI NUTMOON @ ENTITY | HAY ENTREPRENEUR and ERSTWHILE JOURNALIST
ALTS: SRILANA NUTMOON (ic-leveling alt) and JIAN NUTMOON (no relation)
Posted Sep 13, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+35
This is a great idea, as joining large game communities can be daunting for new players. So I think it's good that we'd greet newcomers warmly, and continue to conduct ourselves well. I think it's VERY important to answer new player's question, and help them along best we can. Otherwise they may be scared off, and not want to participate in the community.
I'm on Tumblr!
Main
Art
Posted Sep 13, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+321
If it's something like WildstarWelcome.tinyurl, or something even easier to remember, type, and their typing in turn, leading to a dedicated forum page or the chat with folks handy directly to help them feel welcome, that'd be best. I'm sure the powers that be (officers) can come up with both a good, short URL, and a proper welcome page for the expected rush. Maybe even an 'elevator spiel' or something we could cover in bullet points. How many circles, how many members, over how many months (including time before launch), and that we are still involved in x activities a week including non-RP things like dungeon runs, helping newbies, etc?
Posted Sep 13, 15
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices