WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

P.E.T.S.

8 replies
Stars:
+153
Hi everyone, I wanted to let you know that I am head of the local Thyad chapter of P.E.T.S.! That's, People for the Ethical Treatment of Splorgs! Currently sort of the only chapter, but I'm sure that will change! Right? I think? I hope so.

Anyway! P.E.T.S. has tshirts and little buttons and some stickers to handout. Once, I sort of, make them. Protostar said they would help me for a small fee. They also said that merchandising was important for getting the message out.

To join all you have to do is sign a petition! And remember the main rules:

1. Splorgs are not Food: Splorgs aren't meant to be eaten! This goes back to the main rule when you decide if you can eat something. If you hug something? And it hugs back? You can't eat it. Splorgs hug back.

2. Don't Lick Splorgs without Their Permission: Do you like people licking you without your permission? Then you shouldn't lick a splorg either. If you do it you have to give back your stickers.

3. Splorgs are Not Footstools: You can't prop your feet on a splorg, or sit on them, or stand on them. That's not ethical treatment of splorgs and if you do it, you have to give your tshirt back.

That's sort of the only three rules I was able to think of.
Posted Sep 4, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
*signs the petition, mumbling to herself* "Wow, I never thought anyone WOULDN'T apply the basic sentience test to splorgs and try to eat them! SO MEAN! I hope the t-shirts are fitted too."
SRI NUTMOON @ ENTITY | HAY ENTREPRENEUR and ERSTWHILE JOURNALIST
ALTS: SRILANA NUTMOON (ic-leveling alt) and JIAN NUTMOON (no relation)
Posted Sep 4, 15
Stars:
+23
Ranyr signs the petition.

"People eat these things? Looking at all the other -actually appetizing things to eat on this world and some people eat Splorgs? Eww."

He thinks about the twerking one he saw not too long ago and shudders.

"I think this does us all a favor."
Posted Sep 4, 15
Stars:
+22
Damie slow blinks at the petition, arching a brow.

Damie: "....B...But a lot of things hug back....They're still eaten."

After a moment, he signs the petition

Blair: "There.."

Damie: "B..But I thought you hated splorgs Blair?"

Blair: "I do, but if this means I don't have to stomach your desire for rotisserie splorg, then I have no arguments." shudders in disgust

Damie: huffs, "Not my fault it tastes good."
Posted Sep 4, 15 · Last edited Sep 4, 15
Stars:
+153
I'm going to have to make a lot of tshirt to send to people!
Posted Sep 4, 15 · OP
Stars:
+321
Elkhan signs the petition. "Kino, could I get a nice metal button instead? Maybe something in camouflage I can put on my pack?"
Posted Sep 4, 15
Stars:
+153
This is so great! So many people want to be nice to splorgs. I'm going to start printing tshirts! I've so many slogans. Like: "If you love splorgs you can hug me" and "Honk if you like splorgs!"

And Elkhan? I can make you one! I can make it so it blends right in oh! And I can make another one that is like a splorg smiley face too!
Posted Sep 5, 15 · OP
Stars:
+321
I look forward to seeing them all. Is Mr. Snuggles going to be posing for them?
Posted Sep 5, 15
Stars:
+23
*Fills out the petition via holonet* Yup yup! all creatures are deserving of respect and decency. poor things, I pray to the great light spirit that this will help end the ceaseless trespasses plaguing Splorgs! =(
Posted Sep 5, 15
NoticeNotices