WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

[Exile][NA] "Anybody get an odd message attachment recently?" (Public Exile Message Board Posting)

8 replies
Stars:
+168
Hey Folks,

Did anybody else get a weird datachron message around the time of that broken up transmission of the four aurin and a 'nok? If so, could you get in touch with me? I'd like to compare the various payloads for differences. I'm trying to figure out the origin and any side effects of the virus to make sure there's nothing else hiding in our 'chrons.

Please don't destroy or discard any affected 'chron before I can take a look at it.

Thanks,
Kitty Starwraith

(( ooc: Would have preferred to chase this IG but RL and other things are eating my time. ))
Posted Aug 26, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+180
Approximately twenty replies go up after this is posted, mostly by anonymous posters. Examples include...

"yeah i totally got that message. is my chron safe? i hvae a lot of pictures of my family on there i dont want to lose. is it too late to back them up"

"What the hell are you smoking and can I have some? I've been monitoring a really broad spectrum of signals at Exile Command and haven't seen anything like this."

"first"

"I got this mysterious missive as well. I'm running my own scans at this moment; if I come up with interesting information I'll let you know. At the moment these delinquent data's disarray is too great to decipher." This comment is made from a fairly inactive account called GreenVitalus, with maybe 10 posts over a few months of membership on the boards.

"eldaluminati confirmed lulz"

"i saw the video i think i know the nok in the video name ws charly served served on raxen's raiders w/ him like 10 years ago not seen since discharged for bullet in knee is he okay"
Murdock Metalmender: Granok Engineer Scientist.
Posted Aug 27, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+319
"I saw the message. It was so frightening. They look so scared. Can someone help them? Does someone know them?" -- River
Posted Aug 27, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+168
"Hey River, still working on it. May or may not have a lead. Can't really talk about it."

"Anybody who's worried about their 'chrons, I've got some test code that I'm pretty sure will fix it for you. If it doesn't please send me any error codes it spits out." *attached is a download site link to ScrubMyChronV0.42b.exe*
Posted Aug 27, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+133
Spotting a message come across from both Kitty and River, Wind taps in a reply.

Yeah, saw something about that. Swapped to my secondary unit to keep the security intact. Programming isn't my strong point, the hell is up with this thing?
-Windflower
Moondark Weapons LLC.
windsig.png
Posted Aug 27, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+441
Hey- I got one of these. Bounced off the seurity someone installed on my main chron, but it exectued on my spare... and on my Blendo-Matic 400. I gave the spare chron over to a local judge, but I am forwarding you the Blendo-matic automatic blender. You can get the chron from Jude N. P. Cee at the following address <address>.

-Z.S.S.
Exile:
Sarian Svarkova- Recovering Mad Alchemist
Aaron Oldman- Unfrozen traitor lawyer
Zai Starember- Treehugger
Dominion
Benvolia Arcae- Is very happy being Ben
Posted Aug 28, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+168
Wind, somebody will need to check that out. I'm kinda up to my ears in drunk 'nok for the weekend though. I'll send you a note.

Zai, thanks for the blender, I'll check it out in between funnel shots. I'm going to try to track down that Judge. Thing seems innocuous but you never know, wouldn't do to have the court's docket tracer flooded with herbal erectile dysfunction remedies.

KS
Posted Aug 28, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+14
An anonymous posting is added to the thread.

"I think this is part of some marketing campaign. Mine came with some random cooking applications. They were all were only half finished and had misspellings. Salt to Scan, Butter to Botter, Pepper to Peter, stuff like that. Anyone else get anything weird like that? I could use some help finishing these recipes. The Dark Fudge with peanut butter sounds delicous"
Posted Aug 31, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+168
Oh heys, I know a few kitchen tricks so I might be able to help. Mind if I get a peek at that application? <A contact # is left>

KS
Posted Aug 31, 15 · OP
NoticeNotices