WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

[Jabbit] Interest Check – performance troupe circle

9 replies
Stars:
+48
With the announcement that Wildstar is finally dropping its sub fee, I'm tentatively dipping my toes back into the game. I really love performance rp, running shows and festivals etc and I'd like to bring the same to Wildstar – especially with a robust housing system that would allow for a workable stage/props etc.

My character Artem Zelenko is a patron of the arts and has dreams of opening a theatre house. What I need are people who would be interested in being performers, not just actors but dancers, musicians, magicians, fortune tellers, anything you can think of. I'm looking for people who are comfortable coming up with their own acts and delivering them to an audience.

So what sort of things would we do?

• At least one play a month. Original material is always welcome but writing a play is kind of a big deal, so it's likely to be adaptation of existing plays. The works of Shakesplorg, Oskar Wildekov, etc
  • Misc. performances/events - magic shows, acrobatic displays, storytelling with plushies puppets or props, fashion contests, strongman competitions, aaaanything.
  • Seasonal festivals with themed performances for things like hallows eve, yuletide, lovers day...
  • Camp rp with idea sharing, rehearsals and such once a week/maybe every two weeks
  • Some open world rp – we're performers, not mercenaries but we can still venture into the wilderness either for inspiration, materials or simply to gather coin. It depends how much interest there is in that side of it though

Please note this is just an interest check! I'm deciding whether to wait until the inevitable activity surge come fall, or try to build up the circle now in anticipation of it.
Posted Jul 9, 15 · OP · Last edited Jul 9, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+146
Hi! I would say that there is great interest for this. I believe there's already a theatre house in planning called Frontier Theatre (don't really remember the main, might have been Sam, but I'm sure someone in LFRP knows (unless it's you of course!!)). Now, don't let that discourage you! Instead, join forces and do it better, bigger and more spectacular than either of you could have managed on your own!

I would be interested in having one of my alts performing, mainly as an actor but perhaps also as a magician!
Aliette Harkens - Farmgirl and mechanic || RP Facilitator - The Voidrunners || Exiles on Jabbit and Entity
voidrunners.iclanwebsites.com || allyharkens.tumblr.com || twitter.com/AllyHarkens
Posted Jul 9, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+48
It isn't me but if there is already a theatre house I'd certainly be interested :o I've turned my plot into a somewhat shoddy stage with the intention of building up to something grander through rp but I'd certainly join forces with someone else if they already have a theatre in the works.
Posted Jul 9, 15 · OP
Stars:
+146
A little bird told me the person to talk to is Samantha Argos, given that you are Exile that is!
Aliette Harkens - Farmgirl and mechanic || RP Facilitator - The Voidrunners || Exiles on Jabbit and Entity
voidrunners.iclanwebsites.com || allyharkens.tumblr.com || twitter.com/AllyHarkens
Posted Jul 9, 15
Stars:
+48
I'll try getting in touch with her later, then. In the meanwhile though I still need to know if anyone (besides Aliette but hey, one person is a start) is interested in an actual performance troupe circle - whether we end up using my plot or someone else's!
Posted Jul 9, 15 · OP
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
There are a bunch of people who just formed a band, so far performing in The Red Herring Bar, Revelyin Rookhallow being one of them you could try and contact.
Soey Flamepaw | Aurin, Stalker, Cuddle Consort, Pillow Enthusiast, Hugvertising Expert | Jabbit (EU)
Drakaar Flamebearer | Draken, Warrior, Son of Razak the Oxian, Lord of Stormskull Clan | Jabbit (EU)
Tumblr: OOC | Soey Flamepaw
Posted Jul 9, 15 · Last edited Jul 9, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+12
Hiya Grimmonsoon,

I love your idea! I was actually already working on a theatre building at the moment, I'd love to team up, it will help me get some more direction on what to build exactly (i do have a building already, but have no problem starting from scratch) I even made a new alt called "Frontier Theatre" to make it easier for peeps to find the plot. So it would be my honour to facilitate a nice place for performance rp by your troupe.

I'd even be willing to join the troupe, save for the fact that i'm not that familiiar with performance rp, other then having enjoyed it myself when other did it in GW2. However, i'm a amateur theatre director in real life, so i do have a lot of RL performance experience. If nothing else, i would love to know how to do performance within RP.

The building i'm making is part theatre in the traditional sense, but also has a restaurant with a stage in it for dinner theatre. The main theatre hall has seating for 45 individuals. the restaurant still needs buidling. I carefully created the main stage in such a manner that players can stand at each side of the stage and not be seen by the viewers, as well there are four standard entrances to the stage itself. It has a fairly robust back stage, to facilitate temporary prop placement, for easy placement between scene's. Currently i'm working on the dressing rooms and the reception/ lounge.

I'd love to come in contact with you and discuss the possibilities, i'm very much open for cooperation and would hope te hear from you soon ^^

With love,

Samantha Argos

PS. Sam's the best character to send an ingame message to, i play her the most!
Posted Jul 9, 15 · Last edited Jul 9, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+12
to add on that, i did have a few thoughts on plays based on the "tales from the fringe" series, it's basic lore, has a good narrative to work with and i hope it's easy to follow. might take some time to write it properly, but well worth it, i think.
Posted Jul 9, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+12
I've got a feeling this thread is getting snowed under a bit, lemme bump it up again!
Everybody! if you are on Jabbit and like to do some Performance RP, this is the thread for you! Join up nawh (fakes austrian accent)
Posted Jul 11, 15
Stars:
+8
Well, I don't know if Revelyn and Vilrin really want to be a full-time band, but I'll for sure try to perform as a pianist and a singer with Cley IC. So to answer your question, I do think there will be people who will be willing to perform in your theatre, and I'm one of them ! :)
Cleyam Keriv's Datachron Blog
Posted Jul 11, 15
Star
List
Undo
NoticeNotices