WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

[Jabbit] What RP do YOU want to see?

3 replies
Baze Benefactor
Stars:
+96
Greetings, follow roleplayers. (Please note, this poll is for Jabbit!)

Since I returned to the game a few months ago, I've seen several RP ideas being attempted - trying to create variety in the RP activities available. I've also seen what seems to be a lack of interest in many of those ideas. I might be wrong, the events may have simply been at times you were unable to attend.
Unfortunately, if the organiser of the event does not hear about those, they can only really perceive a lack of numbers as a lack of interest.

Currently, the RP on Exile is dominated by bars/clubs. On Dominion, there's thankfully some random RP (I haven't been to any yet, but it's advertised a bit in /lfrp), and a weekly bar event on Wednesdays.

So, the question I want to put to you all:

What RP do you want to see?

This will help us to know what events we should look to organising.
Bars/clubs
2 votes
9.1%
Military Themed
2 votes
9.1%
Racial (please specify in a post)
3 votes
13.6%
Open world exploration focus (RP/PvE)
6 votes
27.3%
Open World combat focus (RP/PvP and RP/PvE)
4 votes
18.2%
Criminal themed
3 votes
13.6%
Other (please specify in a post)
2 votes
9.1%
Number of voters: 14
http://tinyurl.com/Flickerwisp
eJCzrQB.png
Posted Jun 22, 15 · OP · Last edited Jun 22, 15
Star
List
Undo
Kiyara Benefactor
Stars:
+40
Personally, I like having events which will draw all sorts of different characters together. Open world might do this, but so would community building, night markets (we all need to shop for something at some point after all!) parks or other green places things like this. It will allow those with socially awkward characters to mingle, as well as give those who don't like the pub/club scene something too!
Posted Jun 22, 15
Stars:
+33
I was thinking of doing a pet battle tournament run by Protostar (was gonna use that Protostar Difference item to become a protostar clone), where players bring their pets and do best of 5 rolls each to see who comes out on top!

It's in early planning stages, so it might not surface very soon, as I'm currently steering Moska's story to eventually finding and bonding with a pet. Also need time to create an arena of some sort.

If it works out well, might make it into a weekly event, with each winner having to defend their title the next week etc.
Posted Jun 22, 15 · Last edited Jun 22, 15
Star
List
Undo
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
I think the big appeal of bars and clubs is not due to their theme, but due to them being very social (something that drew me to flickerwisp and thorntail as well despite not being bar stuff), yet very accessible. You can always find a reason to go to such things, hang out there. It's not about the kind of RP you get there, it's more about them being a hub for RP of ANY kind. There'a loads of other RP as well, it's just not as visible. So if you want to facilitate RP, try to think about providing some kind of hub first. A place people wanna hang out at even outside of events, get in contact with others, that is not to restrictive in it's theme. And then slap appropriate events onto it. It'll come naturally.

So as for events: yea, I prefer them social. Bring people together, allowing them to form new connections on their own, no matter which theme. What I don't like are events following some sort of predefinef plot, which often is tried (but I never really saw succeeded) with military themed groups. Speaking of those: I do enjoy military themes, commradery , rank structures, tight knit squads and such, I think they provide an awesome background for individual RP. But going on missions then always kinda seems forced, I don't enjoy that much.

Racial stuff is nice, but also might easily end up making people feel left out. It works for Aurin, because they are sooo widespread, and at the same time very open and welcoming. Thorntail is so much fun and will only get better once we're past our first initial steps. I don't think it'd work for other races that well.

Open world exploration is kinda that pre planned, mission style thing I already mentioned I don't like.

PvP is definitely not my thing.

Criminal Stuff... Depends I guess.

I'll think of some more concrete ideas later.
Soey Flamepaw | Aurin, Stalker, Cuddle Consort, Pillow Enthusiast, Hugvertising Expert | Jabbit (EU)
Drakaar Flamebearer | Draken, Warrior, Son of Razak the Oxian, Lord of Stormskull Clan | Jabbit (EU)
Tumblr: OOC | Soey Flamepaw
Posted Jun 22, 15 · Last edited Jun 22, 15
NoticeNotices