WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 9

[Addon] WSRP Housing Directory

80 replies
Stars:
+28
Sorry but I think I'm missing on how to update the plot list for the addon.
1C130AC4D0A230DD7EB2092D50F24D2C604B2A2E106B74AD07pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
Posted Mar 6, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+78
Is anyone else having troubles with this mod?

Mine borked when Arcterra dropped, reinstalling and updating (through Curse) hasn't fixed it.

Am I doing it wrong?
Odd Arts of Leschinsky (Also a Deviantart)
Arbon Vale Aurin Cultural Preserve
Sahr Aurin Desert Nomadic Culture
Posted Jun 5, 16
Remarus Locke Benefactor
Stars:
+167
Mine works sparingly, but it hasn't been updated in a long time, neither addon wise nor housing plot wise.
Remarus Locke @ Entity - Explorer, Owner of the Skyglade Lodge.
Member of Idle Drifters, an RP/PVE guild.
Posted Jun 5, 16
Mine has likewise broken - no icon to load, no entry in the menu button. The addon appears installed, no errors are popping.
Posted Jun 7, 16
Stars:
+65
I think it broke with the F2P drop, and then the Arcterra release finally killed it. I had sent Toggleswitch an e-mail about about it in the hopes that I could gain access to the source code and try to tinker with it myself. I'm by no means an expert but I have done some basic coding-monkey work over the last few years and I've helped work on some WoW addons here and there.

If it is completely broken then perhaps it's time for me to put a bit more priority into tinkering around.
Posted Jun 7, 16 · Last edited Jun 7, 16
Stars:
+4
This is what I use to save houses, I don't think it can search or anything like that but it's something?

http://mods.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/229029-revisit

You can go to the plot type /revisit and a window will pop up that only works in Housing (It'll go away once you leave housing, I believe)) you can then press the plus sign and it'll add that house to your list. You can then double click or click the visit arrow and you'll go right there.

I don't know if it helps but this works for me and I though I'd put it here...
Posted Jun 8, 16 · Last edited Jun 8, 16
Stars:
+65
Actually, after a fairly intensive and exhausting crash course in Addon Design/coding and taking the WSRP Housing Directory apart, in some cases line by line, to figure out how it works (basically reverse engineering it) I believe that I am at the point where I can get it running properly again AND updated, and maintain those updates.

At the moment I'm just waiting to hear back from a few people that I've messaged before entertaining the idea of re-launching and updating the addon and opening the doors for people to make submissions to be added or editing what is already there. I kind of want to make sure that I have the infrastructure in place before getting to far into it as well as not stepping on anyone's toes along the way.
Posted Jun 8, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+386
There's a few reasons I have not updated.

One is that I'm a teacher and during the school year there isn't much time to code. The other is that it needs redesign on the backend code and UI. I have plans. The database collection was clunky. I have new methods and will have a chance to take care of them once I return from my vacation next week.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jun 11, 16 · OP
Stars:
+386
I've done a couple bug fixes. Specifically, I fixed ti so the slash command and the interface menu (start menu) button should work.

NO DATABASE UPDATE

DB will be updated when version 3.0 is released. (because you'll be able to update your own.)

This should be available on Curse as soon as they approve.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jun 12, 16 · OP · Last edited Jun 12, 16
Star
List
Undo
Thank you Toggle. This is my favorite addon, so I'm really happy to see it updated.
Posted Jun 17, 16
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 9
NoticeNotices