[Addon] WSRP Housing Directory

80 replies
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
wrote:

Cool, thank you!

I can understand what you're saying regarding the start menu, but probably the number 1 question I get asked is "I downloaded the addon, where did it go? How do I use this?" which implies people are struggling on it. I know I personally did the same thing and didn't know how to operate it.

And no time issues, sorry if I seemed like I was saying "We need this now!"

I think this part might be a general problem of "getting to know Wildstar". I struggled with finding it at first too, but once I realized that several addons ended up there, it's one of the places I check first, and the option to pin it is a really nice one!
Posted Oct 29, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+62
Hey Toggle,
I was wondering when the next update might be coming for the addon, I have this selfish desire to see the Fort appear on the list someday. I'm probably not alone in that, but I was curious, I know a few rp plots have appeared and started to get activity that haven't gotten on yet that may have submitted their own details as well.
96d653e5d1e8d1c4.png
Posted Jan 2, 16
Stars:
+386
Sorry for the late action, I've been sick over the holiday.
I'm in the process of refactoring the addon to make it easier for another person to maintain and refresh the directory when I cannot. As this is the last day of my vacation, and I'm finally strong enough to get out of bed, I can't make any promises on a time.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jan 3, 16 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Thank you for the update Toggle! =)
Posted Jan 3, 16
Stars:
+62
Well having had a chest infection/bronchitis since Christmas I know the feeling. Hope your recovery proceeds well.
96d653e5d1e8d1c4.png
Posted Jan 3, 16
Stars:
+386
So, for those interested the task ahead is thus:

1. Implement LibJSON for intake of data.
  2. Change data formatting to allow new types of data to be added.
  3. Change data format to allow filtering of directory
  4. Change input form to allow for categories
  5. Get access to some additional maintainers to pull the DB and output it as a Lua file that just returns a large JSON string.
  6. Add function to automatically filter the single DB file by server.
  7. Add filtering functions for categories.
  8. Add new options screen that covers stuff like automatic filtering of faction, maybe color options.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jan 4, 16 · OP
Stars:
+55
Is there a way to get my plot removed from the database? My plot was changed into a different private plot for a circle I'm in.
Posted Jan 18, 16
Stars:
+386
Use the edit link in the e-mail you received after submission. Change everything to DELETE and I'll get it out next time I finally get a shot to work on it.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jan 18, 16 · OP
Stars:
+386
I worked on the update over the Mardi Gras Holiday. Conversion to JSON isn't hard, but getting it to read such a large JSON string is. I'm trying to streamline the DB itself so that others can maintain it easily.

I haven't abandoned yall, just trying to work it out.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Feb 13, 16 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Thank you Toggle! =D
Posted Feb 14, 16
Star