WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

[Jabbit] Fancy Skyplot Ideas!

8 replies
Stars:
+106
Hello everyone!

Looking through the list of public roleplaying skyplots, I realized there were a lot (I mean, almost exclusively) of bars and/or nightclubs - which totally makes sense as these would be the #1 social hub for anyone to meet people.

To bring a little variety to that I'd love to collect ideas for me (or anyone else with a free skyplot and no idea what to do withi it) to offer something new or different to the community.

Myself, I got 2 ideas I'm about to follow through myself.

First:
"The Verdant Shelter"

This is more than just a bar or hotel. More than an aurin community. It is a waystation. A neutral ground. A spiritual place of peace and contempt.
Under the supervision of "Weavekeeper" Mheira, this (mostly aurin-styled) place is the living home of Mheira Evendew, healer, keeper of Weavelore, herbalist and spiritual consultant.
Whether you are in need of healing, require a potion or lotion (mixed from only natural herbs - it's more homeopathy rather than Mordesh alchemy), need advice or even spiritual guidance or just need someone to hug, Mheira is willing to give (And to the contrary of Protostar trademark services, this is free of charge. Mheira asks only for what you are willing to give - there are no prices)
But there's more!
The "Verdant Shelter" has a strong connection to the Weave, and as such is guarded by the Peacekeeper, an ancient green guardian. Most of the time, he is asleep, but if something disrupts the connection to the Weave (like aggressive acts, severe trauma, killing or use of dark magics), he will wake and remove whatever is causing the trouble, by force if neccessary.
Therefore, the "Verdant Shelter" is a place of peace and harmony. And also, a neutral ground. Whether you're a smuggler, a fugitive criminal, a hobo looking for a place to sleep, an orphan with no place to run, a traveller, an adventurer, a marauder or even a Dominion escapee, everyone is welcome and treated equally - as long as you abide by the 5 simple rules of the "Verdant Shelter"

1. Do not harm or kill other sentient beings
2. Do not harm or damage the plant life
3. Do not disturb the sacred ground (a special marked area. You will notice it.)
4. Do not wake the Peacekeeper
5. Do not steal - ask nicely and you'll be given freely.

If you follow these rules and ask for sanctuary, you will be given a place to rest, food and water (anything on top will be discussed personally) and you will fall under the protection of the "Verdant Shelter". No harm by what force ever will be done to you while you're in the vacinity of the shelter.

(Simply put, it's a combined soul asylum with a herbal store, diplomatic ambassy and spiritual place)

At least, that's my intention. I'm still building up the skyplot, having the small chemical lab, Mheira's bedroom and a portion of the outsides in place. I'm planning on making something like a "treetop village" stuck to the massive mangroves and a lush foresty place below.
Do you think this would be a good idea?
Or is it too much?
Or not wanted/needed?

Second idea I'm gonna follow with an alt (possibly with a stoner granok (chrrchrr) or a ragtag exile) will be a racing track / skatepark. All those ramps, tubes and new housing items simply ask for it!
What do you think about that?

Also, what else do you think would be a good idea for a skyplot? (I'm looking for ideas for open rp skyplots that contribute to the community)

I really love housing and I love to build things! So, whatcha think?!
fsigb.gif
Verena Priscus | Celia Donovan | Fiora Sanchez | Dezzra Pyreskull Jabbit EU (Dominion)
"The end is justified by being mean. Or something like that."
Posted Jun 15, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
What I personally love the most are plots that bring people together in a more permanent way than just a bar, plots that let people live together: Villages, Hotels, Dormitories...

Speaking of Dormitories: What I didn't see yet (but heard it existed on US side) but would love to see would be a University Setting with a Dormitory, Classroom, Dining Room, and everything else a Student might need to live there. I'd see great potential as a Hub there, giving characters a background as well as a place to stay and meet others, all in one, though ofc I don't know if there's many people who'd wanna play that kind of thing. But personally, I could easily see a char of mine attending that university, participating in dormitory pillow fights or University Party Life - be it on the premisses of the University or in any of the existing bars. And I can think of many ways to connect that char to others out of university, like for example looking for work outside to be able to afford staying at the University. And there could be people willing to play headmaster, teacher, or even other kinds of employees (janitor, Cook in the Cantina, whatever...)

Oh gosh, now I'm excited about that. Think I'm gonna play that kind of thing with a new char. Anybody out there who'd like that too? :)

Edit: Oh, and I really like your ideas too, sound lovely!
Soey Flamepaw | Aurin, Stalker, Cuddle Consort, Pillow Enthusiast, Hugvertising Expert | Jabbit (EU)
Drakaar Flamebearer | Draken, Warrior, Son of Razak the Oxian, Lord of Stormskull Clan | Jabbit (EU)
Tumblr: OOC | Soey Flamepaw
Posted Jun 15, 15 · Last edited Jun 15, 15
Stars:
+106
A campus setting sounds nice, but I don't think it fits well on Nexus, or does it?
Also, with the Exiles, I could imagine it being more like an old church school like in the old western movies, just lines of rundown desks with children from all ages.

An elitist campus with sororities and university, I'd say that's more Dominion-style.

But apart from that it's a fun idea!
fsigb.gif
Verena Priscus | Celia Donovan | Fiora Sanchez | Dezzra Pyreskull Jabbit EU (Dominion)
Posted Jun 15, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Kiyara Benefactor
Stars:
+40
I like the sound of the shelter! It's a cool idea and would definitely bring something different to what we currently have. Also has lots of potential for plot happening there! (I can already think of several things that I know of that might have use for such a place!!) As for doing a skate park, its a good place for random RP again, people can just go there and others can just turn up and hey presto you have RP!

I personal suck at housing (In my opinion) and haven't done much at all with my plots, so it makes me happy to hear that you're willing to do something like this for us. Thank you!

Unrelated note - There currently isn't much (from what I have seen - I could be wrong) aurin RP'ing Weave stuff so it'd be cool to see some going on. I'd also love to chat OOCly about your opinions on the Weave etc (and with anyone else who's interested!!) as I'd love to see what people think as we currently don't have much lore on what is/isn't possible with it. If anyone digs anything up on it that isn't in the usual places please send me links via PM, this is a subject I want to know more about!!
Posted Jun 15, 15
Star
List
Undo
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
Church even more sounds like Dominion to me, due to their big Vigilant Church presence and all. Even though, yea, I too was thinking of a church boarding school like thing as well. Something in between those ideas... Idk... the Idea certainly still needs some thinking.. :3

maybe... an FCON military academy? like, where they teach young people to become officers, not just basic training stuff but also regular education? I don't know enough about exiles to know if that could be a thing ^_^ mh. doesn't sound as exciting as the initial idea though..
Soey Flamepaw | Aurin, Stalker, Cuddle Consort, Pillow Enthusiast, Hugvertising Expert | Jabbit (EU)
Drakaar Flamebearer | Draken, Warrior, Son of Razak the Oxian, Lord of Stormskull Clan | Jabbit (EU)
Posted Jun 15, 15 · Last edited Jun 15, 15
Stars:
+106
@Soey:

Military academy, where young exile brats and the survivors' children (and the occassional aurin) are formed into being a "$(/$"%damn soldier and kick some ass!

Yes, that's more like it! <3

@Rowen:

Yes, that's what I took from the little roleplay I had until now, lots of aurin, few of which are really playing into that spiritual part, but I imagine the aurin as a highly spiritual culture (like celtic druids or wood elves, only cuter) and where lore is missing, I started to mix in real life spiritualism. For example, Mheira has a shinto gate in front of her healer's cabin on the Thorntail Tribe skyplot - a mystical gate said to keep out evil energies and spirits so anyone who enters through it would be cleansed.
I'm mixing in Zen, Taoism, Buddhism, Wicca and Celtic mysticism to fill lore holes, up until Carbine covers more of it.
The basic idea of the Weave is, as I see it, that everything is connected, each soul is a string in the endless Weave. Where a string is cut, the Weave gets weaker. Where strings connect and bond, the Weave becomes stronger. Respecting and nurturing those around you makes your surrounding strings sturdier, thus strengthening your part of the Weave, which explains the very basic nature of aurin society.
Because if you hurt those close to you, you eventually hurt yourself.
But sometimes, killing is necessary, sometimes a string crosses others, disturbing the harmonics of the fabric. Then that one must be cut.

Someone who has a connection to the Weave might just sense such a disturbance. Taking examples from another scifi franchise: It's like Force sensitivity. You sense how strong someone is in balance, generally if he's a good and kind heart or a foul soul at the centre, or if there is something nearby causing plants or animals to suffer. Really sensitive ones (like Mheira) can even talk to other living things like plants or animals - not in a Dr. Dolittle style, but rather understand on a very primitive base what a plant or creature needs or wants.
She would only take fruits from a tree after asking it for permission and then take care of the seeds.
Also she would joke about it, saying things like "Don't take the berries from that bush. It has a sour personality."

Generally, the workings of the Weave are rather subtle. She won't be summoning ents for that matter. It's more like a sixth sense in nature. For the flashier and more astonishing effects, she will use Esper abilities :p

But... yeah. That's the way I see it! Aurin Weavekeepers are something like cute celtic buddhist space faerie jedi with a fondness for hoogles. :d
fsigb.gif
Posted Jun 15, 15 · OP · Last edited Jun 15, 15
Star
List
Undo
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
Wow. thats a beautiful explanation...
Posted Jun 15, 15
Stars:
+106
It's not a new image, just a new name to it. At least from what I gather, the Weave is similar to a spiritual view on the chaos theory, much comparable to Eywa from Avatar (not the airbender, I mean the smurfcat-movie), or the lifestream of Final Fantasy, or the forcesight belief oft the Miraluka from Star Wars.
Or a modern view of wiccan beliefs (like the law of the three)
Everything is connected.
Everything you do has impact on the universe and the universe has impact on you.
The impact may be small and subtle.
But even a butterfly's wing can cause a hurricane.
And just like the Na'vi are connected to their Mother Tree of Life and to each creature that lives there, the aurin are connected to the Weave... .... ....

.... ... just more spirtual. And less... weird... tentacle... synapse... thing.
fsigb.gif
Posted Jun 15, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+106
Soooo anyone got any new ideas/wishes?

Just got my alt to Skyplot-Level and looking for inspiration!
fsigb.gif
Posted Jun 26, 15 · OP
NoticeNotices