Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 4

[Proposal] WSRP Toolbox

35 replies
Stars:
+168
wrote:
There's a text command with Kael's, where you can type /ht (name) into the chatbox and get to the plot.

I thought I implemented that functionality into Revisit but apparently I didn't. I see a request on curse for it. If I have time over the weekend I'll add that in.
Posted Jun 18, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+25
wrote:
wrote:
There's a text command with Kael's, where you can type /ht (name) into the chatbox and get to the plot.

I thought I implemented that functionality into Revisit but apparently I didn't. I see a request on curse for it. If I have time over the weekend I'll add that in.

My text-based brain thanks you!
A steady rhythm will hold me 'til the shore.
Posted Jun 18, 15
Stars:
+386
Ok, I've seen this, TB, but I am not in game to work on it nor will likely be anytime soon. However, from its inception, I've always said Killroy is open source and freely available to anyone who wants to use and or cannibalize it for their purposes. If the community wants to combine things into a single addon, I'm fine with it.

And Soey, I'll reply to your PM shortly.

Script, what i'm trying to do is get us organized so we can help each other out more. Basicly start one project that is supported by WSRP, multiple addons but all with a unified feel and a team working them and not us doing it all alone and burning out.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jun 18, 15 · OP
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
I liked the PDA nameplates, though I wished they were centered and worked with in-game nameplates so I could see who was near me. The cloud of nameplates gets overwhelming! The nameplate replacement I use is OptiPlates...I wonder if there's some ability to integrate name stuff with an existing nameplate replacement, or maybe borrow from its code.

Another interesting approach would be to identify nearby RPers in a list by name, similar to the new "nearby players" functionality. A little indirect, but maybe easier to manage in a crowded room than trying to click on the RP icon.

Just spit-ballin'!
SRI NUTMOON @ ENTITY | HAY ENTREPRENEUR and ERSTWHILE JOURNALIST
ALTS: SRILANA NUTMOON (ic-leveling alt) and JIAN NUTMOON (no relation)
Posted Jun 18, 15
Stars:
+386
Actually, Siri, the nameplate was adjustable in the settings menu. You could move it around to fit over. beside, or under whatever nameplate. Sadly no one builds nameplates with an API to let you add stuff.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jun 18, 15 · OP
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
would it be possible to hook into that nearby players thing though?
Soey Flamepaw | Aurin, Stalker, Cuddle Consort, Pillow Enthusiast, Hugvertising Expert | Jabbit (EU)
Drakaar Flamebearer | Draken, Warrior, Son of Razak the Oxian, Lord of Stormskull Clan | Jabbit (EU)
Tumblr: OOC | Soey Flamepaw
Posted Jun 18, 15
Stars:
+386
It would use the exact same kind of system that we use to make the nameplates, just changing the output of the data. Actually, on second thought, it would add a lot of resource intensity. You would have to constantly check if someone is still in the range.

Edit Again:

Looked into how the CRB one works, could be doable.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jun 18, 15 · OP · Last edited Jun 18, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
Hey Toggle! Yah, I was aware of those settings. They didn't seem to take name length and centering into account from what I remember, which is why I mentioned OptiPlates which does a pretty good job of it.
Posted Jun 18, 15
Stars:
+386
Actually, one of the best ways to use PDA at the end was disable displaying name. If you did that, the name and title showed up as a tooltip when you moused over the RP tag. I actually found that to be the best way to use it with any nameplate.

There's no way to get the nameplate window object of a unit unless you created it, as far as I could see, or I'd have just attached the RP button to whatever nameplate was there.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jun 18, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
Good suggestion! I tended to show the names because there are several RPers who rely on it to identify who they "are" at a given moment, or to provide some clue that they are in a certain state (giant, tiny, ethereal); when I had that feature turned off, I would miss these cues.

Understood on the reason why you didn't attach to the nameplate; I assumed it was something like that! OptiPlates appears to just disable and replace the entire Carbine Nameplates module to do what it does.
Posted Jun 18, 15
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices