Page
of 4

[Proposal] WSRP Toolbox

35 replies
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
Oh! lemme help test it! I've got accounts on both EU and NA :3
Soey Flamepaw | Aurin, Stalker, Cuddle Consort, Pillow Enthusiast, Hugvertising Expert | Jabbit (EU)
Drakaar Flamebearer | Draken, Warrior, Son of Razak the Oxian, Lord of Stormskull Clan | Jabbit (EU)
Tumblr: OOC | Soey Flamepaw
Posted Jun 15, 15
Stars:
+55
Contact me in game or fourm mail. I will gladly test anything you have as a100% addict to the name/title/at a glance fields, they have enabled endless rp for myself. I am in NA.
Posted Jun 15, 15
Stars:
+25
I can also help test, and I'm NA (Central Standard Time).
A steady rhythm will hold me 'til the shore.
Posted Jun 15, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
I'll be happy to help test! Who's with me? I'm guessing the good Professor will need people who can install his test code, login when he's online at some designated time, and then help him test the communication protocols and help verify that certain things are working on other people's computers.

I'm also interested in Add-On development, technical documentation, and API design/architecture in general.
SRI NUTMOON @ ENTITY | HAY ENTREPRENEUR and ERSTWHILE JOURNALIST
ALTS: SRILANA NUTMOON (ic-leveling alt) and JIAN NUTMOON (no relation)
Posted Jun 15, 15 · Last edited Jun 15, 15
Stars:
+386
Good News everyone, I think I got the communications protocol debugged.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jun 15, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+386
Here is a link to a test version. You need to manually install. I can not guarantee it will work.
Download ALPHA

I'll be on entity in thayd near the housing area for a while if anyone wants to test it.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jun 15, 15 · OP
Stars:
+321
I've moved from visitor to Revisit. Perhaps some of its functionality could be integrated? Subnote: it has an awesome author.
Posted Jun 15, 15
Stars:
+321
Would it be a practical option for the add-on to enable showing alternative names in place of or in addition to actual names for characters? Some people running RP encounters could change outfits as a disguise, and put in a name to display like 'suspicious human' or be able to change their temporary 'persona' for RP without having to roll a new PC, or manually noting the change each time? Ideally hiding their 'actual' name entirely (tho that would cause some trouble with tells of course). I know in Karaaga's place having a 'clone' that she has to note consistently when it is being played instead would bug me to have to remember to do constantly.
Posted Jun 15, 15
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
Alternative Names: PDA actually did that, by providing its own nameplate in addition to the normal one, and the new addon toggle's working on seems to do that as well. It also supports putting a custom title thing under that name to provide more info. It won't hide their actual name though, and I don't think that would even be possible.
Soey Flamepaw | Aurin, Stalker, Cuddle Consort, Pillow Enthusiast, Hugvertising Expert | Jabbit (EU)
Drakaar Flamebearer | Draken, Warrior, Son of Razak the Oxian, Lord of Stormskull Clan | Jabbit (EU)
Tumblr: OOC | Soey Flamepaw
Posted Jun 15, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+275
Ok, I've seen this, TB, but I am not in game to work on it nor will likely be anytime soon. However, from its inception, I've always said Killroy is open source and freely available to anyone who wants to use and or cannibalize it for their purposes. If the community wants to combine things into a single addon, I'm fine with it.

And Soey, I'll reply to your PM shortly.
3462105.jpg
Posted Jun 17, 15
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices