Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 4

[Proposal] WSRP Toolbox

35 replies
Stars:
+386
What is WSRP Toolbox?

Many of the addons we use for RP are from early in the game life. The original authors sometimes do not support them. (Myself included) WSRP Toolbox would begin as a revitalization of a chat addon and RP profile addon. It would take the best of Killroy, and ChatLinks, both widely used addons, as well as a streamlined profile addon built off of PDA and the new Communicator comm system.

Why Unite Under One Project?

Resources, physical and data. By creating one project, we can unify some things such as UI design, and settings windows to keep things clean. By creating a unified ecosystem it makes user experience and effort needed by individual programmers to do everyday things in their RP addons. It also allows us to pool our own experience as coders for Wildstar and keep a single repository.

What Else Besides Profiles and Chat?

So, the first thing that comes to mind for me is an active Hot Spot addon / Housing Directory. I've done things like this in the past, with limited success. As part of a larger project, they could be much more useful. The next thing I would consider after those would be player created Quests.

What Do You Want From Us?

Well, we need a commitment from developers, or those that want to be, to join the project. We also need a solid list of features for the addons in this project. I'll be posting two posts under here for the Chat and Profile addons.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jun 14, 15 · OP · Last edited Jun 14, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+386
Chat Addon

The following is a list of features form current chat addons people have expressed interest in.

List of current features in Killroy
  • Inline formatting for speech and emotes in opposite channels
  • Tinting of colors over base channel color
  • Chat Message Splitting
  • Inline Animated Emotes
  • Target Name Substitution
  • Font Selection
  • OOC Formatting
  • Auto CRB RP Chat Tagging
  • Cross Faction Chat

List of Features from ChatLinks
  • Highlight of User's name in chat.
EIlMTaR.png
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+386
Profile Addon

After reviewing PDA and what was actually used, here are the features that I would bring over.

PDA Features
  • Name
  • Title
  • Height
  • Build
  • Occupation
  • At A Glance (Renamed form Description, possible with rich text support)
  • URL
  • Revised IC / OOC / RP Style flags system (Mimic style used in WoW RP addons)
EIlMTaR.png
Star
List
Undo
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
Does that mean you're back and ready to do stuff again? :3

I like the Idea, and could even see myself helping with it a bit.

Though I'd make sure Scriptorium is fine with that plan as well, and would be on board when/if they return, because I would not like to see a sort of competition situation with (as far as RP is concerned) essential addons like these.
Soey Flamepaw | Aurin, Stalker, Cuddle Consort, Pillow Enthusiast, Hugvertising Expert | Jabbit (EU)
Drakaar Flamebearer | Draken, Warrior, Son of Razak the Oxian, Lord of Stormskull Clan | Jabbit (EU)
Tumblr: OOC | Soey Flamepaw
Posted Jun 15, 15
Stars:
+25
Would it be possible to have the PDA part of this project be as light as possible?

One of the biggest problems I had with PDA towards the end of its life was the resource allocation. I really want something that is simple and primarily text-based -- the model function was cool but not particularly necessary on my end, and I'm thankful it's not on the proposal list.

Could the housing directory reintroduce the ability to type in a name to get to a house? That was honestly my favorite thing about Kael's, besides the giant housing list to sort through. I'm not sure how viable loading that list would be come F2P if we see a large influx of folks.
A steady rhythm will hold me 'til the shore.
Posted Jun 15, 15
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
Uh.. you can already type in a Name to visit in the default Carbine Housing Interface nowadays...
Soey Flamepaw | Aurin, Stalker, Cuddle Consort, Pillow Enthusiast, Hugvertising Expert | Jabbit (EU)
Drakaar Flamebearer | Draken, Warrior, Son of Razak the Oxian, Lord of Stormskull Clan | Jabbit (EU)
Posted Jun 15, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+25
wrote:
Uh.. you can already type in a Name to visit in the default Carbine Housing Interface nowadays...

There's a text command with Kael's, where you can type /ht (name) into the chatbox and get to the plot.
A steady rhythm will hold me 'til the shore.
Posted Jun 15, 15 · Last edited Jun 15, 15
Stars:
+386
Yes, I am back and ready to get stuff going. For the next couple months at least while I have time to code more than once a fortnight. I've posted here in hopes to grab script's attention. I haven't see him online on any of my other sources lately. My goal with this is get get things organized so we as a community can help each other out and put together a comprehensive set of addon tools.
What I'm talking about for the housing is a listing setup, like an RP Profile for your house. You could put in it's name and a short description of it. Visitor does still technically work, but it takes the long way around for visiting saved houses and still searches for the name. But right now the focus is Profile and Chat.
A lot of the resource problems in PDA was in the profile browser and bio sections, which I would not include again. The model function will still be there though.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jun 15, 15 · OP · Last edited Jun 15, 15
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
wrote:
There's a text command with Kael's, where you can type /ht (name) into the chatbox and get to the plot.

ah, right.. I remember I had that in some addon, with /visit. That was really neat.
Yes, I am back and ready to get stuff going. For the next couple months at least while I have time to code more than once a fortnight.

Awesome, good to hear!
What I'm talking about for the housing is a listing setup, like an RP Profile for your house. You could put in it's name and a short description of it. Visitor does still technically work, but it takes the long way around for visiting saved houses and still searches for the name. But right now the focus is Profile and Chat.

I'd also suggest being able to pin a personal note on another persons house entry (so I could note for myself: "has cool Pillow Tree!").
A lot of the resource problems in PDA was in the profile browser and bio sections, which I would not include again. The model function will still be there though.

Sounds good. But for starters, I think we really could use *any* simple profile addon, doesn't need all the fancy features, just simple ingame profiles - I'm really missing that basic functionality soo much.
Posted Jun 15, 15 · Last edited Jun 15, 15
Stars:
+386
Well, the "prototype" of it sorta works. I just trimmed down PDA's existing stuff. The problem i have is lining up with folks to test it. Most of the other folks who seem to be working on addon stuff are in EU while I'm in NA. I'm reluctant to release a prototype to the public, for fear of folks not thinking that it's just that and not functional.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jun 15, 15 · OP · Last edited Jun 15, 15
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices