WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

Off Site RP Resources!

4 replies
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
RP Resource Extravaganza More general RP topics and information than you can shake several sticks at!

Common RP Questions and Philosophy! For when you're done shaking a stick at the first link!
Posted Jun 10, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
Film enthusiast Tony Zhou made a nice video describing how animation director Chuck Jones put together one of his short films. It happens to also be highly relevant to RP character development!

Zhou's YouTube series Every Frame a Painting is well worth watching too if you love deconstructing those lovely moments in film. One of my favorites is his look at the use of the tracking shot, which is a lovely tribute to some wonderful films.
SRI NUTMOON @ ENTITY | HAY ENTREPRENEUR and ERSTWHILE JOURNALIST
ALTS: SRILANA NUTMOON (ic-leveling alt) and JIAN NUTMOON (no relation)
Posted Jul 28, 15 · Last edited Jul 28, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+4
Hi all!

I would like to toss this up as well as an off site resource: http://rpmadesimple.com/

Though it's been a long time since I have updated this project, and some it is tailored to World of Warcraft RP - the information can be helpful. If there's interest, I may write a more Wildstar-centric version.

So, if any of you are extremely bored, or may think it helpful - please take a gander.

Thanks for your time and keep RPing! :)

Wardsman, aka Sullivan/Shaw (Wow - ER server), Garrett Ward, Medic (Wildstar)
"Seek the right path, though it is not the safest - nor the most understood." - Me
Posted Oct 12, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
This video essay by Lewis Bond is about the characters in Hayao Miyazaki's animated films: how they are motivated, how they grow, and how the stories and environments shape them. The video is full of a lot of lovely footage from all of Miyazaki's films largely to remind you of certain moments in all the films, and it presents an interesting way to think about one's own character development as a non-plotted, organic, and truthfully human endeavor.

SRI NUTMOON @ ENTITY | HAY ENTREPRENEUR and ERSTWHILE JOURNALIST
ALTS: SRILANA NUTMOON (ic-leveling alt) and JIAN NUTMOON (no relation)
Posted Oct 25, 15
Stars:
+208
I just ran across a gem that I hadn't realized exists. The site hasn't been updated since last year, but holy cow, it has maps of EVERY piece of lore in every pre-patch zone. They've also transcribed all of that lore for your viewing pleasure. This site needs an update, for reals.

http://wildstar.mmorpg-life.com/lore-map/
So those are some of my thoughts from the bathtub.
Posted Oct 27, 15
Star
List
Undo
NoticeNotices