Page
of 2

Forum Overhaul

11 replies
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Over the next few weeks and months, you're going to see some improvements to the forums. We had a thread a few weeks ago discussing some ideas, and we'll be implementing some of those changes to try and make the forums more condensed, intuitive, and helpful for everyone involved!

So if you see some changes, it's not your computer breaking and it's not (hopefully) us breaking the forums!
Posted Jun 5, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+133
Woot! Can't wait to see what kind of goodies are coming soon!
windsig.png
Posted Jun 6, 15
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Just an update - This is planned on occurring later this week with our first of several major forum overhauls!

Unlike say, a patch or drop though, we'll be doing it a little bit over time, so if threads aren't where you last left them, worry not! We're not deleting material, just shifting it around in preperation!
Posted Jun 9, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
Just another update! Peppercorn made the first pass of the forum reorg far into Tuesday night, so kudos to her massive work ethic! Reorganization continues throughout the week, addressing subforums on an individual basis. This part may take longer because we're going through threads one-by-one, so thanks for your continued patience!

Bleep! Sri out!
SRI NUTMOON @ ENTITY | HAY ENTREPRENEUR and ERSTWHILE JOURNALIST
ALTS: SRILANA NUTMOON (ic-leveling alt) and JIAN NUTMOON (no relation)
Posted Jun 10, 15
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
Noticed Character Sheets being separated by Server now. while inconvinient in my case (because I now play the same character on both servers), I applaud this change, as it'll resolve a lot of confusion. Thank you for your hard work!
Soey Flamepaw | Aurin, Stalker, Cuddle Consort, Pillow Enthusiast, Hugvertising Expert | Jabbit (EU)
Drakaar Flamebearer | Draken, Warrior, Son of Razak the Oxian, Lord of Stormskull Clan | Jabbit (EU)
Tumblr: OOC | Soey Flamepaw
Posted Jun 10, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
Oh, that's very interesting to know Soey! Maybe you can make one of the character sheets refer to the other so you don't have to update two of them, and make a note in it mentioning you are on both servers!
Posted Jun 10, 15
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
yes, I was thinking about doing it that way.
Soey Flamepaw | Aurin, Stalker, Cuddle Consort, Pillow Enthusiast, Hugvertising Expert | Jabbit (EU)
Drakaar Flamebearer | Draken, Warrior, Son of Razak the Oxian, Lord of Stormskull Clan | Jabbit (EU)
Tumblr: OOC | Soey Flamepaw
Posted Jun 10, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
Alert alert! Sri has gotten into the guts of the site's HTML and CSS and is patching in changes! There are the following changes made so far:

• New WSRP Header that is more compact, leaving room for other stuff to the right of it. It also doesn't use the Enijn Flash-based header, which gives us more flexibility in layout.
  • Typographic fixes to BBCode formatting. Most notably, bulleted lists like this one are actually readable now.

Let me know if there's any other typographic formatting problems that have been driving you nuts, and I'll see what I can do to them! I'm thinking of making default table layouts use top-align by default instead of middle-align, because (1) it's better for laying out data and (2) it isn't 1995 anymore

Oh, if anything looks broken, let me know.
Posted Jun 10, 15 · Last edited Jun 10, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+366
One thing I've noticed is that some things in "Organizations/Circles" aren't such. Some of the items in there are locations that are open for RP and may/may not have circles or the like attached to them. Perhaps a Housing Directory section is more appropriate for those types of places?
XDdjSto.png
Posted Jun 11, 15
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Thanks Kalita, we'll look into that further tonight!

At this time the first major forum reorganization is pretty much done. Put any suggestions you have for things we missed, things you'd like to see, or questions either here or in Site suggestions and thanks again for everyone being patient!
Posted Jun 11, 15 · OP
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices