Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 2

Jabbit RP resource thread. [Cross-Faction]

18 replies
Baze Benefactor
Stars:
+96
Preface: This thread is discussing, suggesting and gathering ideas for the evolution of RP on Jabbit [eu]. I won’t refuse any input from anyone, but please bear that in mind when posting. Dominion RPers, please put in your experience and if it's relevant I'll update as necessary

The current state of RP on Jabbit [EU]:

Exiles currently have a number of circles, and almost daily events and plenty of active members.

Dominion has at least one weekly bar event, I am currently unsure of numbers, and would like to be nudged about how it is looking currently.

Moving forward:

There are always improvements that can be made to RP, so if you have any ideas you’d like to put forward for new events, or would like help with organizing events yourselves, please let people know. We cannot make things better and more welcoming without your help.
If you have an idea for an event, feel free to run it by people. Make a thread, throw it up on the calendar.

My only other point for people with event ideas: Consider how what you are doing fits in with the world, and what's currently missing in the community. We have little market/merchant or exile military based stuff.
We have characters linked to them, but no circles, guilds or events that I know of yet. Please also use wildstar-roleplay.com to announce your circles or events, so that people have one point to go to for information.

Now, for people who want to RP but aren’t really in to making events. I have major tips that I give to everyone:
Create random RP.
There is a directory of public housing here.
This can happen literally anywhere. Many bars have automated bots that can serve drinks. You don’t need an event to go to one. All you need to do is say “I am going to RP in [location], feel free to join me!” in the LFRP channel.
The Open world has areas that would make good locations for random RP. Try using Thermock Hold, Sylvan Glade and Gallow, for examples from Exile side. Perhaps someone else can give ideas from Dominion.
Do not fear the trolls
The main fear people have (according to my observation) of open world RP is trolls. But don’t forget. If they’re bad, you have an ignore list, use it. If they’re being especially bad, report them. “Verbal” abuse of any kind is an offense. Harassment is an offense. People jumping around you spamming skills can fall under that. Just don’t abuse the report system.
Don't forget: RP is an activity in any MMO as valid as any other. You have every right to use the world without being harassed.

Guild and Circle directory:
Here is a list of currently active guilds and circles on the EU servers:
FactionGuild/CircleNamePlaystyle(s)Recruitment Status
ExilesGuildVoidrunnersRP/PvECLOSED
ExilesCircleBlack HoodsRPOPEN
ExilesGuildCrimson AshesRPOPEN
ExilesCircleFlickerwisp TribeRPOPEN

If you wish to have your guild or circle added to the list above, here is a template to help you provide the information I need:

Copy
Exiles/Dominion (Remove non-applicable) Guild/Circle (Remove non-applicable) Guild/Circle Name: Link to forum thread: RP/PvE/PvP (Remove non-applicable) OPEN/CLOSED Recruitment (Remove non-applicable)
http://tinyurl.com/Flickerwisp
eJCzrQB.png
Posted May 3, 15 · OP · Last edited Jun 19, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+146
Thanks for the writeup Tev!

As Tev touches upon, we who handle the events do it because we want to see the community thrive and grow further. That being said, we welcome ANYONE who wants to host their own stuff, and don't be afraid of time collisions. We are at the point were we could possibly support simultaneous events (sometimes it's even a little crowded) and if that still feels odd, contact the organizer of the other event and see if you both can't share the evening with one event following the other so that people who wants to attend both are able to do so.

Where we go from here is up to you guys. We want to strive for the community to represent the sum of interests among it's members, but even with things being organized and even with increased numbers, RP requires some personal dedication. We are facilitators, not providers, of RP. The health of the RP community is the responsibility of each and every awesome member :)
Aliette Harkens - Farmgirl and mechanic || RP Facilitator - The Voidrunners || Exiles on Jabbit and Entity
voidrunners.iclanwebsites.com || allyharkens.tumblr.com || twitter.com/AllyHarkens
Posted May 4, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+33
Hi! Over on Dominion (Jabbit), roleplay had been pretty quiet for a while until recently. We had some roleplayers return to Wildstar with drop 5, reviving my hope for an active RP community here once again. For any dominion EU players reading this that are interested in roleplay, I urge you to communicate occasionally on the LFRP channel, even a 'hello' will do! The more that know of the channel's existence and it's users, the more it will grow and attract new roleplayers.

I've recently added a weekly Dominion public house plot event for dominion roleplayers to meet up (Golden Jabbit Tavern), and hope to see more roleplay grow from here. I know there's an awesome rp community out there, looking for friends to chat with and enemies to blow up! :evil:
Posted May 7, 15
Star
List
Undo
Baze Benefactor
Stars:
+96
wrote:
Hi! Over on Dominion (Jabbit), roleplay had been pretty quiet for a while until recently. We had some roleplayers return to Wildstar with drop 5, reviving my hope for an active RP community here once again. For any dominion EU players reading this that are interested in roleplay, I urge you to communicate occasionally on the LFRP channel, even a 'hello' will do! The more that know of the channel's existence and it's users, the more it will grow and attract new roleplayers.

I've recently added a weekly Dominion public house plot event for dominion roleplayers to meet up (Golden Jabbit Tavern), and hope to see more roleplay grow from here. I know there's an awesome rp community out there, looking for friends to chat with and enemies to blow up! :evil:

Thank you for the information! I'll be sure to come along on my Cassian one of these days to say hi! I have also updated the orginal post with the information you've given me. Please feel free to send me a message if you want anything edited.
eJCzrQB.png
Posted May 7, 15 · OP
Stars:
Can anyone advise the state of the game? is it worth joining back?

I bought the game on early access and since RP community died, i quit like all of them.
i have never found a game i enjoyed RPing in more then that... kindly advise if it's worth coming back - for RP sake!
Posted May 18, 15
Baze Benefactor
Stars:
+96
The state of RP obviously describes how RP is currently. It's still accurate for EU for the most part.

The game in general is seeing a huge surge of activity, especially at max level. There are a fair number of guilds recruiting, many welcoming un-attuned players who seek to complete their attunements with the intention of helping them out with it.
On the performance side, there are some issues. World bosses (especially if they are targets of the daily contract) tend to get 100+ players at prime time, and the game is really not good at handling that number of characters and spells in one area, either on screen or on server, there have been some problems as a result, but nothing people can't work around.

On the "Is it worth joining back?". That's entirely subjective. I would say yes. The game is still good. The RP can be good, and the people are lovely.
eJCzrQB.png
Posted May 18, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Baze Benefactor
Stars:
+96
I've done a little touching up and cleaning of the OP. Also added a guild and circle directory at the bottom (might move it up at a later date). Please PM me with your RP-friendly guild or circle details so I can add them to the list!

I'd like to note, the community on both factions is still growing quite comfortably.

If you can't catch me in-game, and would rather not send a PM: whenever I have reliable internet access, you can find me in the chat window at the bottom of the forums should you need to nudge me.. can't guarantee I'll respond immediately, but I'll see your message eventually.
I would strongly recommend joining the chat anyway. The people in there are lovely and you can always bounce ideas off them.
eJCzrQB.png
Posted May 26, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+33
Here's another update on RP from dominion.

After Aliette and I held the Black Nova cross faction event shortly after drop 5 launched, more roleplayers have appeared on LFRP, talking from time to time each week. It's still a bit quiet, but is a huge improvement over the dead silence before May. It's still growing too!

As for encouraging others to make events, I think it is a bit early for us at the moment, as we're still currently getting to know roleplayers that have recently joined in. We need to grow our numbers more, so that there are characters available for making more events. Some of us are roleplaying in the open world more often now rather than just housing, so this should help get the attention of new roleplayers.

You can add the circle Nexus RP to the list. It's a circle made to help roleplayers gather and get to know each other, and the only roleplay circle currently available on dominion until we get more activity. It is not restricted to any guilds, and roleplayers old and new are free to join.
Posted May 27, 15
Star
List
Undo
Baze Benefactor
Stars:
+96
Another small update:

My situation remains mostly unchanged. I am still unable to play Wildstar outside of the beta for the FTP. This means that I am relying upon you, the active community, to help me provide updates!

If anybody wants this thread updated, please post here so that I get a notification when I log in and can act on it. Also please note that you can use this thread to help advertise your own guild and/or circle if it participates in RP.

To those guilds and circles which are already listed:
Could I please get an update on your recruitment statuses, if anything has changed?
eJCzrQB.png
Posted Sep 8, 15 · OP
Baze Benefactor
Stars:
+96
I have re-written some large parts of the Original Post, and also added some new information about chat channels new players can join to help them out.

I am still requesting information for keeping the post up-to-date. You can once again find me in-game (Tevratt Ceruleanmist, exile side) almost every day.
I am trying to keep active in chat as much as possible.
eJCzrQB.png
Posted Sep 24, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices