WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 9

Cozmotronic Addo - Design Document

88 replies
Stars:
+82
okay the initial idea to run Communicator as an Addon alongside Cozmotronic ain't working...
I'm going to rewrite Communicator into a package, changing a lot of the functions that get triggered by default....

This means more setbacks, but I think I know have a good understanding of the problem and a way to fix it.
Posted Nov 11, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+82
Okay,

I've rewritten Communicator.
It's now a stand-alone package and the good news is that the channel seems to be created now without problems. I've done some console tests and this is the result:

HFGUPsE.png

So it seems the communication channel which is stored in Cozmotronic, but created by Communicator is finally working. The only problem I have now is that the data from Communicator does not seem to be stored properly on reloading.
I think this is probably a code issue somewhere as the Pkg_Communicat.xml file IS created in my AddonsSaveData folder, so just have to figure out what goes wrong there.

For those who want to play with Communicator, or help me out:

Communicator Package : https://github.com/NekoNova/Communicator (I want to move this to Nasa at some point)
Cozmotronic Addon : https://github.com/NekoNova/Cozmotronic
Posted Nov 11, 15 · OP
Stars:
+386
Looking through:

Your OnSave and OnRestore are fine. problem must lie in your data you are saving. Is the XML file empty?
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Nov 11, 15
Stars:
+386
You're usign the old timer format, those dont' work quite right. You need to rewrite for ApolloTimer library.

I did a pull form github and I'm getting a "Can Not Load Package" for Communicator.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Nov 11, 15 · Last edited Nov 11, 15
Stars:
+82
Looking through:

Your OnSave and OnRestore are fine. problem must lie in your data you are saving. Is the XML file empty?

Yes, it's empty. It just has an entry for the tLocalData and that's it.
As for the error : Did you pull the submodules along as well with git? Cause they're submodule references and need to be checked out additionally.
Posted Nov 11, 15 · OP
Stars:
+82
I've rewritten it using ApolloTimer.
Also followed some advice from the official forum saying I need to make the instance for Communicator inside the package and then just load the package in my addon, using it as instance.

Will try that tommorow.
Posted Nov 11, 15 · OP
Stars:
+386
Yes, that is the proper procedure for instancing. I manually pulled all the sub modules. Everything was there.

You also need to make sure you put in dependencies in the packages (Like Message needs JSON before loading) Make sure you also add Communicator to dependencies on Cozmo.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Nov 12, 15
Stars:
+82
will add those changes, and see if the testing fails.
No idea why you are getting the errors, it's not throwing those for me locally.
Posted Nov 12, 15 · OP
Stars:
+18
RIP
Posted Dec 25, 15
Page
of 9
NoticeNotices