WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 9

Cozmotronic Addo - Design Document

88 replies
Stars:
+26
That's bizarre, Pepper; I never was able to get it right atop me. It seemed to be centered on the RP button rather than the nametag itself. Once again my QA luck strikes.
Posted Sep 8, 15
Stars:
+386
The RP button was centered on the name. You could offset it to the side in the settings.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 8, 15
Stars:
+82
Okay,

I've been slacking on this project for way too long...
So I've rewritten the source code for Cozmotronic, including the source code of Communicator, the library used for communicating between clients.

The initial source can be found here: https://github.com/NekoNova/Cozmotronic

The original problem with Communicator was that when loaded as separate Addon, it had issues with the ICCommLib. So at the moment I'm making it part of the Cozmotronic package until I really have time to transform this into a stand-alone Addon.

The new layout is already part of Cozmotronic, and for the initial version it will remain basic.

However!

I require help.
At the moment I've finished rewriting the core classes of the communication stuff, which has taken me around 4 hours today.
But the Addon does not load due an error in the Communicator.lua file
The error I receive is that "Attempt to index nil".
So my assumption is that I made a typo somewhere, or simply forgot something.
The problem is that after 4 hours of coding, I simply don't see it.....

If anyone wants to download the source and run it locally, be my guest.
I would really appreciate it if someone could point out where the error is and either send me a pull-request with the fix or report back to me to find it out.

As soon as I can simply have the Communicator.lua loaded the development of this Addon should jump forward.
Posted Nov 7, 15 · OP
Stars:
+275
Changed Communicator load placement to "OnLoad" from location of the near the beginning of the file (next to the table declaration for Coz itself). Loads fine now. Must have been trying to call the package before it had been loaded.
3462105.jpg
Posted Nov 7, 15
Stars:
+82
ooh, thanks for the feedback.
Will make that change and then continue progress!
If that really solves it then hopefully that was the last issue with this thing and I can actually focus on the Addon itself now.
Posted Nov 7, 15 · OP
Stars:
+386
I'm glad you've had a breakthrough. I have a request though. Please build a new UI instead of reusing the PDA one. This is a new era for RP addons with my approaches and developers. I don't want people to pick Cosmotronic because it looks like PDA. Each addon should be unique.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Nov 7, 15
Stars:
+82
It will get it's own UI once the Addon is working.
The initial request for someone making a UI for it is still open.

Current goal is getting this bloody communication working!
Posted Nov 7, 15 · OP
Stars:
+82
okay this indeed removed the error being generated.
Now I need to find out why the rest of the Addon stopped loading. When I take out Communicator, then the Addon loads fine all UI stuff like InterfaceList works. With Communicator added, it doesn't.

Sometimes these Addons act odd...
Posted Nov 7, 15 · OP
Stars:
+82
fixed.
Apparently defining the same method twice confused Lua :d
Posted Nov 7, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+82