WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 9

Cozmotronic Addo - Design Document

88 replies
Stars:
+321
Or eight-inch-tall spectral esper manifestations.
Posted Apr 12, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+82
Okay,

got the info I need for a basic version, which should be PTR compatible.
Will try to code out the basics today.
The layout is still bothering me, and I've been playing around with a second one:

EyowlJB.png

Porblem is that this layout is really small :/
So if anyone wants to make a layout, or has an idea for a layout, please tell me.
Posted Apr 13, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
I'm not quite sure I understand the design theory/implications going on with this layout. It reminds me of the character window in-game. What are all the individual squares for? Will the different fields have information? (I'm not trying to criticize it, just trying to understand the intent of the space.)
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Apr 13, 15
Stars:
+25
How intensive will that interface be in terms of pulling info to populate? One of the issues I have with super fancy add-ons with custom interfaces that pull information in the manner these do is they're sort of resource hogs.

Really, I think this should go the TRP or MRP route (if anyone is familiar with those WoW add-ons) -- a tab for description stuff, a tab for history stuff if people really feel like they need it, an option for custom titles and a little button of some merit that lets us access that profile. With the quality of models we have in-game, I don't think a displayed image of the person is strictly necessary.
Posted Apr 13, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+82
I'm not quite sure I understand the design theory/implications going on with this layout. It reminds me of the character window in-game. What are all the individual squares for? Will the different fields have information? (I'm not trying to criticize it, just trying to understand the intent of the space.)

None, I am just experimenting with the various sprites available in the game
wrote:
How intensive will that interface be in terms of pulling info to populate? One of the issues I have with super fancy add-ons with custom interfaces that pull information in the manner these do is they're sort of resource hogs.

Really, I think this should go the TRP or MRP route (if anyone is familiar with those WoW add-ons) -- a tab for description stuff, a tab for history stuff if people really feel like they need it, an option for custom titles and a little button of some merit that lets us access that profile. With the quality of models we have in-game, I don't think a displayed image of the person is strictly necessary.

population will be done a need-pull principle.
Fetch data when needed.
Structure I'm still playing around with.
I do not have much time to work on addons, so it will take time to finalize it.
Posted Apr 13, 15 · OP
Stars:
+2,002
Quote:

Yea, I thought it looked familiar when I saw the sprite templates in Houston. Would it be helpful if we try to present some design ideas for potential templates?

Edit:
I was messing around with Templates and Sprites in Houston. I learned you could add tab buttons and stuff, but I couldn’t figure out how to add text (much less extract the fonts) which is why this looks like a poorly made Photoshop chop-job. I know diddly nothing about addons, but I'm a stickler for simplicity over complexity.

Home would be as you see it. Very basic information. Profile is a more extensive view of the character where the RPer can add very specific details. Notes would be anything noteworthy, such as if the character had a bounty, if they’re involved in a plot, or anything else you’d want to put. URL window is for quick copypasta URLs to things like a character sheet, thread profile, twitter, or tumblr.

tumblr_inline_nmrhezpEx61rsbsvf_540.png
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Apr 13, 15 · Last edited Apr 13, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+386
It's amusing to see the development here and how much it looks like early PDA. I'll look at a UI for you this weekend.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Apr 13, 15
Stars:
+82
Quote:

Yea, I thought it looked familiar when I saw the sprite templates in Houston. Would it be helpful if we try to present some design ideas for potential templates?

Edit:
I was messing around with Templates and Sprites in Houston. I learned you could add tab buttons and stuff, but I couldn’t figure out how to add text (much less extract the fonts) which is why this looks like a poorly made Photoshop chop-job. I know diddly nothing about addons, but I'm a stickler for simplicity over complexity.

Home would be as you see it. Very basic information. Profile is a more extensive view of the character where the RPer can add very specific details. Notes would be anything noteworthy, such as if the character had a bounty, if they’re involved in a plot, or anything else you’d want to put. URL window is for quick copypasta URLs to things like a character sheet, thread profile, twitter, or tumblr.

tumblr_inline_nmrhezpEx61rsbsvf_540.png

As I wrote on Tumblr, going to use that image as base.
No heavy graphics, we're going minimalistic.
When I find some time today, I will redo the layout and upload to github.
Then I will work on releasing features step by step, so don't expect a working version until v1.0 comes out.
Posted Apr 14, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+82
This Tab stuff is tricky.....
It's nowhere documented, so I spied on Carbine's chat Addon, and this is what I figured out so far:

T4wjL4n.jpg

Problems:
  • You need to be on the first tab to close the window
  • The window always pops up after reloadui and duplicates
  • Graphics behave odd
  • Tab window requires a default layout to be defined. And is duplicated on each tab.
Posted Apr 14, 15 · OP · Last edited Apr 14, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+25
It's probably opening the window upon reload because I'm guessing the chat window protocol is made to bring it up after refresh, and whatever is in the code you pulled is linking it to that trigger. I haven't done anything in Wildstar's addon building, though, so that's just me hazarding a guess based on what you said.
Posted Apr 14, 15
Page
of 9
NoticeNotices