of 2

[Addon] Revisit

10 replies
Stars:
+168
Hey Folks.

Curse: http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/229029-revisit
Github: https://github.com/Cogohi/revisit

First up it's marked beta so you'll need to adjust Curse client to allow that. Or you could wait a few days. I anticipate switching it to release once a few people look at it and don't run into anything critical.

Fundamentally this is a The Visitor clone but with a nicer UI (IMO) and using the new Housing API's that avoid the hacks that Visitor and KHT use to find a property.

Once installed, type /revisit in a chat box to open up its window. You must be on a housing plot to open the window.

• To visit any of the plots on the list, select it and click the arrow button.
  • When on a plot click the (+) button to add that plot to the shortcut list.
  • To remove a shortcut click the (-) button.
  • To return home click the reload button on the left.

The Addon will remember window position, size and if it was open or closed. If you leave Housing with the window open it will automatically close and reopen when you return.

The list displayed is currently stored at the server level and filtered by faction.

While the intention is to add plot names by visiting them first via other means (eg. The Visit Player By Name text box on the form opened by the Make Some Friends button) you can add names by typing /revisit add FirstName LastName in a chat box.

Feedback welcome and encouraged!
Posted Mar 30, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+168
Revisit v1.0.2 is posted and tagged as a Release version. Curse client should be able to pick this up without messing with anything. (Let me know if it doesn't)

v1.0.1 added a Lock Window option (and a Settings window) which prevents the main window from being moved or resized.

v1.0.2 adds a Quick Visit box. Just click the window icon to the right of the gear on the bottom, type in the name and hit enter or click Go!
Posted Apr 3, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+168
*blows the dust off the topic*

v1.1.0 is out!

Major feature is Notes. You can now tag the people in your list with a custom note. (eg. Drunken Boulder, Craft station, etc.)

By the way, v1.0.5 added a visiting feature to the slash command. Just type /revisit Firstname Lastname and you'll warp to their plot (if it exists). It also works with single name toons!
Posted Sep 26, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+275
Getting an error message when this tries to load:

Copy
...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\revisit\Revisit.lua:482: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil) stack trace: [C]: in function 'pairs' ...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\revisit\Revisit.lua:482: in function 'MigrateRealmV2toV3' ...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\revisit\Revisit.lua:454: in function 'CheckVersion' ...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\revisit\Revisit.lua:189: in function <...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\revisit\Revisit.lua:157>

Nevermind, dumped all the preferences for it and it appears to be working now. I must have had an older version at some time.
3462105.jpg
Posted Sep 27, 15 · Last edited Sep 27, 15
Stars:
+168
ew... it still shouldn't blow up. I'll put a guard in there in the next update (API 11, fix for Issue #3) on Tuesday
Posted Sep 27, 15 · OP
Stars:
+168
LOL. Turns out that's a really bad bug that has to be fixed. I missed it because I have both Exile and Dominion shortcuts. If you don't have any Dominion you'll get this error.

Removing your save data should never be the solution.
Posted Sep 28, 15 · OP
Stars:
+275
>.> Don't you be judging me :) And you've obviously never used and Adobe or Autodesk product.
3462105.jpg
Posted Sep 28, 15 · Last edited Sep 28, 15
Stars:
+168
Not Judging! Just annoyed at myself :lol:

;) Not enough to get burned by them no but I've used other commercial packages that have borked this pretty bad.

Besides being irritating for the user it causes me grief as the developer if I need to change the save data schema (and I did and I know I will in the future). If I didn't have any sort of migration ability I'd get all angsty over making people have to redo their shortcuts.
Posted Sep 28, 15 · OP · Last edited Sep 28, 15
Stars:
+168
v1.1.1 is out.
  • Revisit is now officially API 11
  • Fixed the above bug and another one that was masked by it
  • Fixed Issue #3 where the Visit Pane became inaccessible

Feel free to post bugs here or on its Curse page. I have a couple more major features to add, hopefully RL cooperates and leaves me some free time to work on them.
Posted Sep 30, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+275
Error this morning on login after update:

Copy
...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\revisit\Revisit.lua:178: attempt to index global 'me' (a nil value) stack trace: ...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\revisit\Revisit.lua:178: in function <...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\revisit\Revisit.lua:157>
3462105.jpg
Posted Oct 2, 15
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices