WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

Possibly Returning Player prodding the state of the game / looking for company!

5 replies
Stars:
+41
Hi!

Some might remember ye olde Haunt nightclub that was active last year when the game was freshly launched. I got a code some months ago to return to the game for 7 days and noticed it in my e-mail, so I got curious and realized that I actually missed the game lore a lot.

How goes the state of the RP and the game in general? I'd heard rumours that things were slowly on the upswing for the game, although RP-wise it seems everything has gone over to Evindra. I'd also heard that B2P might be a possible route for this game. One thing that really put me off in WS was the Endgame. Has there been more stuff added since then?

Cheers!

Ice Bell
6dee483e3f347e71.png
Posted Mar 26, 15 · OP
Stars:
+146
Hi there Ice!

A premature welcome back to the game! Wildstar does indeed seem to be growing again. People started coming back after drop 3 and even more returned after drop 4, the "Protogames Initiative". Endgame-wise a lot has happened, most of it improvements. In short (forgive me if I forget something):

• We now have veteran shiphands forming as a first step of gearing up before veteran adventures.
  • There are daily quests for veteran dungeons, adventures, shiphands and PvP.
  • Renown can now buy you gear as well as the new Glory currency earned in dungeons and raids.
  • PvP has improved (and will do so further in drop 5) by expanding the matching band and removing the rating requirements on gear.
  • Attunement for GA now only requires bronze dungeons and the entire medal system has been revamped making silvers much easier to get. Reputation gains have also improved I think.
  • Datascape has been retuned to a 20 man raid.
  • The decor limit in housing has been increased from 300 outdoors / 800 inside to 1000 / 1000, lights from 20 to 40 and a LOT of new decor has been added including usable seating, doors, glass windows, pipes, triangles and a lot of custom objects. Not to mention the much-appreciated bunker house.

Also worth noting is that all previous servers are now merged into two megaservers per region: one PvE (Jabbit EU / Entity US) and one PvP (Luminai EU / Warhound US). Sadly, almost the entire population resides on the PvE servers atm in anticipation of further PvP improvements. As for claims about B2P/F2P the only official word so far is that there are no plans to go any of those routes. The official forums are plagued with speculations regarding this, however I prefer not to get into that discussion. I have my preference as I'm sure you do too, but in the end only Carbine and NCSoft knows what is going to happen in the future.

As for the RP community on Jabbit, we went through a dark time directly after the megaserver merge. Things have improved however and the community is rising from it's hiatus. Although we're not nearly as numerous as the roleplayers on Entity yet, it is certainly not non-existant on Jabbit. That said, I'd advice you to read my post about what to expect and how to get roleplaying on Jabbit in this thread. I only have insight in the current situation among the Exiles but I'm hoping that someone from the Dominion will soon come along and add their view on things.

Oh and on a last note, there is now also a 10-day free trial available (see details here). I'm not sure if it's combinable with your 7-day key, but at least it should give you another 3 free days to evaluate your return.

When you do return, keep up to date here and if you're Exile say hi in the LFRP channel.

Hope to see you on Nexus soon!

/ Ally

Edit: Oh, by the way: I just noticed your characters love for books in your signature and thought I'd inform you that the Thayd Public Library will be opening it's gates shortly. I will make notice here when it's available to the public!
Aliette Harkens - Farmgirl and mechanic || RP Facilitator - The Voidrunners || Exiles on Jabbit and Entity
voidrunners.iclanwebsites.com || allyharkens.tumblr.com || twitter.com/AllyHarkens
Posted Mar 26, 15 · Last edited Mar 26, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+41
Hey Aliette. Thanks a lot for all the info and the welcome back! I think I'll give the game and RP community another try for some 30 days and we'll see from there. Just posted up a profile and joined the LFRP channel, hopeful to have some fun in the days to come!
6dee483e3f347e71.png
Posted Mar 27, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+102
Hello Ice Bell! It's nice to meet you as well!

Apologies for the short reply, but I am in the same boat as you and have been cautiously eyeing the RP community as well.

You are welcome to add me on any of my characters (that'l be Shanyra for Exile) and see if we can't get something started. I'm trying to collect returning players..A bit like pokémon without the pokéballs.

Hope to see you on Nexus!
dQqghQJ.jpg
Posted Mar 27, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+146
Good to hear Ice and a proper welcome back then! Remember to be patient and do not be afraid to create things yourself. I'd also urge you to take Shanyra up on her offer, I'm sure you guys can come up with some great stuff. And don't forget Thursday nights at the Scyl!

Looking forward to meeting you IC!

/ Ally
Aliette Harkens - Farmgirl and mechanic || RP Facilitator - The Voidrunners || Exiles on Jabbit and Entity
voidrunners.iclanwebsites.com || allyharkens.tumblr.com || twitter.com/AllyHarkens
Posted Mar 28, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+41
A teeny tiny update: Currently seeking out anyone who might be interested in RPing Alex's wife (Yes, he has one. :o). Feel free to drop a PM on this site or a mail in-game if anyone would like and we can talk it over. :)
6dee483e3f347e71.png
Posted Mar 30, 15 · OP · Last edited Mar 30, 15
NoticeNotices