WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 4

[Guide] Chromatic Magnificence: A Dye Handbook

30 replies
Stars:
+94
After jumping on the PTR today, it looks like some changes may be coming to dye bags in Drop 5. Welcome changes!

Carbine will be streamlining dye bags so that you can expect to get dyes which match the rarity of the bag, with a small chance to get something better. While in Drop 4, it was possible to receive dyes of lower quality than the bag, in Drop 5 this is no longer possible.

Trunk of Tarnished Tints -> mostly Good dyes (small chance of Excellent or Superb)
Case of Coordinated Colours -> mostly Excellent dyes (small chance of Superb or Legendary)
Duffel Bag of Distinguished Dyes -> mostly Superb dyes (small chance of Legendary)
Pouch of Pristine Pigments -> only Legendary dyes

I don't know whether there will be similar changes to the Shiphand dye bags, but I'd figure there will be.

Right now my dye lists kind of look like they're on crack. I'll be making a fairly large update for Drop 5, but until then, my crazy information is (unfortunately) the closest to accurate we can get (which still isn't terribly accurate at all).

Until Drop 5, I would recommend that you DO NOT PURCHASE Pouch of Pristine Pigments. You may end up very disappointed! Hang on to your gems/renown and save 'em for Drop 5 when you'll be guaranteed something legendary!

Spoiler: Some more detailed resultsShow
Posted Mar 14, 15 · OP · Last edited Mar 14, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Thank you for all the work you put into this!
Posted Mar 14, 15
Stars:
+2,002
Buuuuh. I've gotten two Pouches of Pristine Pigments; one had Skurge Blue (which is a super awesome color) and the other was a regular Zero Gravity which was pretty disappointing. I'm super glad to hear they will be changing the dyes bags in accordance with their quality. Thanks for pulling all the research on this. I'll definitely be saving my bags.
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Mar 14, 15
Stars:
+94
Buuuuh. I've gotten two Pouches of Pristine Pigments; one had Skurge Blue (which is a super awesome color) and the other was a regular Zero Gravity which was pretty disappointing. I'm super glad to hear they will be changing the dyes bags in accordance with their quality. Thanks for pulling all the research on this. I'll definitely be saving my bags.

Yeah, I had a similar experience. Got an Infradread from a Pouch on my live character. What a way to spend 3 weeks' worth of elder gems!
Posted Mar 14, 15 · OP
Stars:
+25
This is some good data Magara, can't wait for Drop 5 and alot of the more rare dyes go down in price! Ya people should definitely not buy the Pristine Pigments until this is implemented or you're just playing Russian Roulette.
Posted Mar 14, 15
Stars:
+94
Patch Notes March 17
The drop rates for rare dyes from Veteran Shiphand reward bags have been adjusted.
The dye bags purchased with Renown have had their costs and rewards updated.
Dye rarities have been updated to better reflect their relative worth.

Well, this was… unexpected. It seems likely that these are the changes I had presumed would be coming in Drop 5. I'll see whether I can confirm it when I get home tonight. Guide will be updated tonight.
Posted Mar 17, 15 · OP
Stars:
+321
'adjusted', and 'updated' meaning what?
Posted Mar 17, 15
Stars:
+94
'adjusted', and 'updated' meaning what?

Very good questions with no specific answers, and no efficient ways to test (that are coming to mind, at least in the case of shiphand bags). It would help if people could let me know what they're getting from their shiphand runs - mostly I'm interested in seeing if Carbine has streamlined shiphand bags in a similar way to how renown bags have been streamlined. What rarity tiers can we expect in gold runs (Premier Shiphand Supplies)? Silver runs (Improved Shiphand Supplies)?

As for the update to renown dye bag rewards, I think those are the changes I'd already been testing on the PTR. At least with those, I can just pop open a thousand dye bags on the PTR and write down some statistics. If these are the same changes, it's all good news - basically they've removed the chance to get a lower-quality dye than the bag you paid for.
Posted Mar 17, 15 · OP
Stars:
+321
That sounds good. Hopefully next time they can be more specific.
Posted Mar 17, 15
Stars:
Hey all - has anyone ever gotten the Delta V dye? The Commodity Exchange doesn't list it and it's not on Jabbithole. This is literally the last dye I need according to this list but seems to not actually exist.

Edit: A quick google search answered the question! The color called Delta V is received by using the Zero-G dye (not to be confused with Zero Gravity).
Posted Apr 18, 15 · Last edited Apr 18, 15
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices