Page
of 4

[Guide] Chromatic Magnificence: A Dye Handbook

30 replies
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Peppercorn does want to link this to her primer and will!

Also worth noting, fellow Rpers - Since the last patch, dye prices have cratered DRAMATICALLY. You can get a lot of dyes for around 10 gold each on the AH
Posted Feb 5, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+253
Wow thanks for all this awesome information :d
Even the smallest person can change the course of the future- `Galadriel- The Fellowship of the Ring
Posted Feb 5, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+38
This is fantastic and YOU are fantastic for doing it. :d Though oh man, Prana has so far to go...she only has somewhere between a fourth and a third of them. D:
Gwynn ~ Prana ~ Rhys
Tumblr
Posted Feb 5, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+94
Added a bunch of names to the 'Updated Dye Names' list. If you're using the DyePreview addon (which is excellent, by the way!), be aware that many of the names in DyePreview are outdated and have since been changed. Here's a quick copypasta of my list.

Spoiler: copypastaShow

Also, thanks for all the kind words, everyone!
Posted Feb 7, 15 · OP · Last edited Feb 7, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+94
Those of us who don't spend 99% of in-game time RPing.

You don't need to get any more stylish, Mr. Hot Guys of Nexus Calendar.
Posted Feb 7, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
This thing is amazing! Thanks for making it!
MEMES
Posted Feb 10, 15
Stars:
+94
wrote:
This thing is amazing! Thanks for making it!

Thanks Horus! This old thing is why I'm always wanting to pester people about which dyes you're all getting after shiphand runs. The lists, they must be updated. Constantly.
Posted Feb 10, 15 · OP · Last edited Feb 10, 15
Stars:
+94
wrote:
Peppercorn does want to link this to her primer and will!

Also worth noting, fellow Rpers - Since the last patch, dye prices have cratered DRAMATICALLY. You can get a lot of dyes for around 10 gold each on the AH

Go for it!
Posted Feb 10, 15 · OP
Stars:
+70
wrote:
Added a bunch of names to the 'Updated Dye Names' list. If you're using the DyePreview addon (which is excellent, by the way!), be aware that many of the names in DyePreview are outdated and have since been changed. Here's a quick copypasta of my list.

Spoiler: copypastaShow

Also, thanks for all the kind words, everyone!

well that is incredible useful (as is the OP xD) because I DO use dye previewer! you must've spent ages on this :) have ALL MY LIKES <3
Posted Feb 10, 15
Stars:
+94
Updated some of the dye lists (I was lazy and didn't update for two weeks). I love what Drop 4 did for dye availability, but the way dyes are split among TT/CC/DD no longer make any sort of sense.

Pre-Drop 4, all Trunk of Tarnished Tints dyes were average (white) quality, all CC dyes were good (green), all DD dyes were excellent (blue)... now it's all over the place. I've gotten Exile Blue and Purple Strain from TTs, and crap dyes from DDs. I actually have a pet theory that Carbine's made all dyes available in all containers, just at different ratios. Of course though, that theory is 100% unconfirmed.

Edit: Also, I've made a tiny url for this. tinyurl.com/wsdyeguide
Posted Feb 21, 15 · OP · Last edited Feb 21, 15
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices