WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 9

New Interactive Timeline from Carbine

86 replies
Stars:
+55
hahah exiles OBVIOUSLY have them. with the amount of strip clubs built on exile plot with bedrooms behind curtains...uh...hahahha....awkwardddd.

on the topic of the type of thought process i'm using in her backstory in regards to the "slavery bit"...here's some info pulled from the source of what i'm basing a lot of my character on/the type of AU i'm doing. the logic that accounts for the "slavery" in merissandra's backstory; follows more or less the same logic of it's existence in the ASOIAF universe/the inspiration and source material for her character. i don't think it's much of a stretch that things like this could occur on the fringes of cassus in very low ranked areas, in a somewhat similar way; however isolated these instances may be. OBVIOUSLY, i'm not saying i think dominion lore is going to just magically coincide with the ASOIAF universe, nor that the slave culture of many regions in the ASOIAF universe exists in the dominion universe. i'm just saying that i don't think a brothel in the middle of a bad city is that much of a stretch, and that it could potentially follow similar logic as to how some of it is handled in the ASOIAF series.
Spoiler: Show

regardless, that's all in merissandra's past. (not like she was forced to actually go out and prostitute anyways, she was being trained, prior to being "sold" to the church)

she has long ago been saved by the mercy and kindness of the vigilant church from the horrors her mother and low birth ranking subjected her to :thumb:

this character is just a fun project for me i started back on beta when i first downloaded the game while watching a melisandre heavy episode of GOT. as i went through the dominion ship for the first time, i was watching GOT. i rolled my first character ever to look like a blend of her and myself, and then couldn't help but notice certain interesting parallels between aspects of the dominion and certain aspects of the character i was watching when i played for the first time.

for instance the questionable morals, doing "bad things" for the "greater good", truly believing in your own righteous destiny handed to you from the gods, heavily idolized religion based on said gods who have given you the destiny and the pass to use whatever means necessary to achieve it, the coloring of lots of red, etc. as i played beta for the first time and watched the episode of game of thrones i was watching, i decided that it could be fun to spin an AU into the game of the melisandre character as a priestess within the church. it honestly, hasn't been hard at all as the lore complements this small facet and character in the ASOIAF quite well actually, and i've gotten pretty creative with the writing. picking this character back up has been a nice way for me to practice writing, as all my RP is about polishing my creativity.

sorry i went on a tangent here. i just didn't quite like seeing my character brought up and so obviously misconstrued, and then used as a springboard on tumblr for issues someone has that are actually unrelated to me/my character. so i felt the need to sort of explain myself here. and i would like to say that the lack of information about cassus and lowborns did fuel my original overarching and flippant usage of the term "slave", and if wildstar had more easily accessible lore at the time regarding those things; it may have saved me some editing time. regardless though, the character's backstory was instantly adjusted and built upon to abide by the lore in what i think is a good enough fashion, while still staying true to the spirit of what i'm doing with her...and all of her character development is based in the wildstar lore, with the only elements appearing from her inspiration are her obsession with religion, fire, and the god she believes she communes with (whom i've made into being an eldan god who has not fully identified themselves yet)
Posted Apr 1, 15 · Last edited Apr 1, 15
Stars:
+63
Drusera story is out!
http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/stories/genesis-prime.html
Strangely they announced it and yet it still haven't released during the time of this post.
So hearing that Dominion is having low population than Exiles. Good job, Carbine. Guess we need some retcons to the stories for "balance", minus selling marriage to the devil or turning a kind-hearted sorceress into a genocidic psychopath.
That or add an tragic story that Durek launched a (disastrous) raid with fresh troops into weakened Dominion territories (post-Vorios purgings, rebellion, etc.) that directly led to Ravaging of Arboria.
Or make everyone, both Dominion and Exiles, into psychopath (I mean PCs can collect body parts from sentient people and there are merchants willing to buy them).
or add some sympathetic and less-generic (DEFINITELY MORE ON THAT) NPCs.
Sorry, I am worried that Carbine's stupidity would lead to Dominion into a mob faction due to low population from low intake.
Douglas Bricius (Cassian Warrior Scientist, OC and Main character)
Brigid Bree (Human Stalker Soldier, Exiles Alt and future brewery owner)
Ferg McJinti (Chua Working Class Author)
Valeria Caesarius (Fleet Officer and a Lady)
Ursula Zaros (Mordesh Medical Migrator)
Posted Apr 14, 15
Stars:
+238
If you think the Interactive Timeline spells doom for the Dominion faction, you're giving the lore way too much credit.

Using myself as an example, the only reason I didn't roll Chua is because I didn't like the hairs coming off their elbows.

But others are perfectly fine with it and love it! So I'm not going to ask them to edit Chua fur because people like Chua how they are.

Dommie faction appeals to people. If you change it to try to make it more appealling... you may lose people.

There's lots and lots who are just fine with Dommie, regardless of how they're portrayed in the 'media'.
Posted Apr 14, 15 · Last edited Apr 14, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+63
So do you think Chad Moore will add more stories or Loremageddon?
Posted Apr 14, 15
Stars:
+238
Yeah. :3 That's his job.

Besides the story's not over yet.
Posted Apr 14, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+168
wrote:
So do you think Chad Moore will add more stories or Loremageddon?

From the horse's mouth:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/632/feature/8927/The-Nexus-Saga-Begins.html
Quote:
Chad Moore: What happens at the end of the Defile is lots of deep, dark secrets of the Nexus project, the Eldan, Drusera, and the Entity are revealed. That begins is a quest line that is different depending on what faction that you’re in. And that leads into the ultimate mission to go into Omnicore 1 and restore the Caretaker. There’s a little bit of a transition between the Lightspire and when you ultimately go into the Omnicore. The entrance to the Omnicore is actually in Grimvault, which is one of the zones that people have played through if they’re that level in the game right now.

The Nexus Saga: Chapter 1 is Journey into Omnicore 1. So if you think of the story from the beginning to the Lightspire, including the Drusera instances, you can consider those as the prelude to what we call the Nexus Saga, which is the multi-part epic story that resolves the major threat that is revealed to you once you get to the end of the Lightspire. That whole story is about what you as the hero are going to do to save the universe, and that will involve Drusera, the Entity, iconic characters from both sides, and new and exciting characters that we haven’t yet revealed but are super awesome and cool (and that people are going to love when they meet them).
Posted Apr 14, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+63
http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/2015-04-21-moore-on-lore-and-more/
So in 2 weeks, Loremageddon.
- How are the prefects selected? Hereditary, selected by governor, democracy, or any system as long as it doesn't involve revolts.
- How does life of Lowborn changed since 300 years ago? And no Toric doesn't count, we need whether there are New money or Lowborn middle class.
- When we will have background customization like the one from Guild Wars 2?
Posted Apr 21, 15
Page
of 9
NoticeNotices