Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 9

New Interactive Timeline from Carbine

86 replies
Stars:
+25
wrote:
I mean the stories in Wildstar in general. I feel that it kinda bias towards Exiles, which may affect demographics.

4) Name calling, directly or indirectly, is not accepted and might be moderated. Here at WSRP, we encourage debate and communication, not mud slinging.

You should obey the rules of the site and not name-drop when attempting to reinforce your argument.
Posted Mar 31, 15
Stars:
+2,002
Quote:
I mean the stories in Wildstar in general. I feel that it kinda bias towards Exiles, which may affect demographics.

I agree 100% with that statement in that Carbine has not done a very good job at showcasing the Dominion as being anything more than a tyrannical empire. But I'm not going to shun other roleplayers for basing their choice off this.

There is a lot that roleplayers can do to also improve the plight of the Dominion by promoting positive and creative RP events, circles/channels, or guilds.
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Mar 31, 15 · Last edited Mar 31, 15
Stars:
+238
wrote:

While I agree wholeheartedly with you, I suggest you edit your post to remove the reference to a specific player for the sake of civility.

Whether or not you feel it is "bias", no question what happened to Arboria was really evil bordering on stupid. It's so inexcusable that it seems like Dominion is actually supposed to be an evil faction.

Fancy that.
Posted Mar 31, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+321
Definitely have some immoral-seeming decisions being made and executed.
Posted Mar 31, 15
Stars:
+63
I am not bashing the RPer's choice but rather the future problem where Carbine will decide the Dominion as PC race or interfaction PVP might be relevant if the numbers continue to drop. Not to mention that amount of time it took for dungeons and adventurer group find in Dominion side.
edit: I happened to be on PvE server by the way.
Douglas Bricius (Cassian Warrior Scientist, OC and Main character)
Brigid Bree (Human Stalker Soldier, Exiles Alt and future brewery owner)
Ferg McJinti (Chua Working Class Author)
Valeria Caesarius (Fleet Officer and a Lady)
Ursula Zaros (Mordesh Medical Migrator)
Stars:
+51
Dorian's a stubborn old coot. Actually managing to repair his ship after a crash landing on a planet as hostile as Nexus is one of the more impressive achievements I've heard of in the lore.
Ryllian Greyleaf | Clueless Aurin Commando
Lady Amastrix Neroxanthe | Dame of Depravity
Professor Yuri Zalmanov | Devious Alchemical Desperado
Posted Mar 31, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+55
hey what's up guys
if u have a question or issue with how i'm rping, feel free to ask me directly and i will fill you in on what i'm doing with my character/or direct you to more updated information regarding them that's available on my tumblr.

looking at you t209 and pyra; since my character seems to be a topic of discussion for you guys here for some reason?
Stars:
+63
Well, I just opened my opinion on Carbine's lack of providing more information on Dominion in their benevolent side, which some reported some lower numbers of player in Dominion side (PVE included).
I just talked about how you used slaves as a background as an example of Carbine's failure. I apologized for that.
Posted Mar 31, 15
Stars:
+55
yeah i didn't see the original post so i'm a little confused? it seems it's been edited since?
idunno.

my character is a game of thrones AU, her backstory is tricky...her backstory isn't quite regarding slaves in the most common/broadly used sense though.... more along the lines of a brothel based sex trafficking ring which exists in an isolated incident of a lowly regulated and mostly abandoned and isolated lowborn area of cassus. i had spoke in her bio originally that she felt like she was "sold as a slave". which some people seem to have misconstrued as to saying that i believe the dominion officially endorsed slavery in their lore?

but yeah uhmmmm regardless, to me it doens't really matter whether slavery is lore approved or not for the dominion; as i wasn't ever referencing a major slave trade or anything like that? more of a lowscale sketchy thing on the fringes of the society in like the worst place imaginable on the planet. soooo laws/lore that applies for the general dominion population did not really apply to the place of her early life in my headcanon anyways.

anything that has happened in my character arc since coming into contact with mainstream dominion society has been "lore accurate" though, for what it's worth?

So the real question to lore check my AU and backstory would be if
1) if its plausible that they had prostitution rings or brothels (illegal or not) on cassus on the fringes of society in the most low born and worst cities that had little government involvement and
2)if churches ever compensated for acolytes/apprentices/what have you in areas with little incentive for the vigilant church and little community involvement leading to such a low turnout of members that the church is barely able to run.

Asking if the dominion endorsed slavery doesn’t actually have anything to do with my character or lore accuracy, since dominion endorsed mass slavery is not what I’m talking about with my character at all? So using my character to talk about a broad notion of slavery in the Dominion, like the way slaves were understood in America's history; is actually so irrelevant to my character....

It's a dark backstory, and it's one that is never shared IC.

honestly i'm just confused as to how my character is relevant to this discussion at all in the way that she's being discussed. and rather than a lore confusion on my part, it seems like a confusion on your guys part on my character's backstory and the AU inspired merging of worlds and muses i'm doing here. this character is 1/3 wildstar, 1/3 game of thrones, and 1/3 my own writing and merging of the two ideals/worlds.
Posted Apr 1, 15 · Last edited Apr 1, 15
Stars:
+63
Judging by sex sells and existence of organized crimes (+political corruption along with various insane emperors), I think brothels and sex rings might exist.
Heck, even Exiles might have them due to the horrors in the fringe. I wonder if the Exiles did terrible things before Nexus (piracy, raids, taking women for "genepool enrichment", and even working for horrible people) to the point where Brightland might be rolling in his cryopod.
I even thought up of my character's homeplanet (based on Victorian Scotland due to their commoner intellectuals and highlander regiment) practicing serfdom, especially to those who came from Cassus and in rural area. This was to prevent mass migration and influence from Cassus caste system.
Posted Apr 1, 15 · Last edited Apr 1, 15
Page
of 9
NoticeNotices