Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 9

New Interactive Timeline from Carbine

86 replies
Stars:
+168
wrote:
Alternatively they're hoping they can cure the Ravenous on the planet.

What motivation would they have to do that? Even benevolence has its limits and if altruism were the motivation interring the researchers along with the Ravenous is a twisted way of going about it.

wrote:
Hold up, there seems to be a big assumption that destroying entire planets is a thing that the Dominion can even DO. Do we have anything that outright states or implies they even have that capability?

Ok, I'll grant that the metaphysics of the Nexus universe seems to differ from ours (Primal this and that, gag me). However, there are several references to nuclear devices like power plants and a Superweapon Test Zone FABKit - Warning: radioactivity present in this area! That's assuming this isn't another "Aurin Ears" content designer vs. lore derp.

If you're nuclear capable, yes you have the ability to destroy a planet. Neutron devices are a low-yield weapon that "kills people and spares buildings". These are technologies that Earth governments have. If scientists and engineers have refined nuclear technology to the point that they're using it in swords I think it's safe to assume they have the ability to scale up.
Posted Mar 7, 15 · Last edited Mar 7, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+51
wrote:
I think the closest they would get would be to unleash the uh.. Planet Reapers to harvest/tear all the minerals out of the ground - but honestly, if they wanted to get rid of all life on the planet, just nuke it from orbit. Make it a nice, nuclear winter, life will die out on its own.

There are other conventional methods that'd be just as good. Slamming asteroids into the planet, etc.

The 'Attack of the Planet Reapers!' issue of Tales From Beyond The Fringe mentions that the Reapers land with 'Thousands of troops' supporting them. Gnox was apparently a bloody slugging match even before the Granok got their hands on Dominion technology. The Dominion just seems to go in for ground war in a big way and don't really go in for orbital bombardment.
Ryllian Greyleaf | Clueless Aurin Commando
Lady Amastrix Neroxanthe | Dame of Depravity
Professor Yuri Zalmanov | Devious Alchemical Desperado
Posted Mar 7, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
Mentioning an exterminatus was more of a half-witted joke than anything considering the similarities between the Dominion Empire and the Imperium.
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Mar 7, 15
Stars:
+63
Mentioning an exterminatus was more of a half-witted joke than anything considering the similarities between the Dominion Empire and the Imperium.
Except Imperium and exterminatas is a bit justifiable since they're dealing with crazed demon worshipers, cockney (not Dick Van Dyke) green mushrooms, and hungry bugs.
http://wildstar.gamepedia.com/Containment_Protocols
And even the lore contained instances of orbital bombardment. I think orbital bombardment is rare and expensive method compared to other options in Wildstar universe.
I hope the Ravaging might be related to Myrcalus' re-consolidation since he might need to appease the Chuas who might be loyal to Vorios by providing them with incentives. Or would be tragic if Exiles conducted raids on Dominion settlements, which they found out.
Douglas Bricius (Cassian Warrior Scientist, OC and Main character)
Brigid Bree (Human Stalker Soldier, Exiles Alt and future brewery owner)
Ferg McJinti (Chua Working Class Author)
Valeria Caesarius (Fleet Officer and a Lady)
Ursula Zaros (Mordesh Medical Migrator)
Posted Mar 7, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+63
http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/stories/ravaging-of-arboria.html
Oh well, it's story is up.
I wonder if their discovery coincide with renewed raids on Dominion settlements. And the same time when Myrcalus needed to win back the Chuas after Vorios' reign.
Posted Mar 17, 15
Star
List
Undo
Kalita o
Stars:
+366
Online on Site
Hmmm, interesting. Not sure how I feel about this as nothing was really revealed in this besides Arwick, presumably, taking down a Planet Reaper and Mondo being all pissed about it.

Pretty fun that the hunch Wind and I had about Aurin making fermented drinks was right on though.
XDdjSto.png
Posted Mar 17, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+72
So, does this mean that Aurin are the true creators of beer....and Granoks just took it over? :)

And yeah, the story didn't say much beyond that Chua (Mondo) grossly underestimated Aurins.
Avatar artwork done by http://straycatsketch.tumblr.com/
Posted Mar 17, 15
Stars:
+63
http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/stories/discovery-of-nexus.html
One story to go!
Too bad that Carbine might draw away potential players to Dominion side. I mean there are reports of players on Dominion being low compared to Exiles (last time, i saw only 2-5 people in Illium).
I know they're evil and forcing the Lowborns to speak horrible cockney accent (some diversity is needed) but I felt that they kinda draw a line (slavery is a big no no, going in like helots slaughter fest is a no no, Toric, being an asshole emperor would get you killed, and other non-Vigilant religions seem to exist as well), I wonder if Cassians were the only one with caste system unless Chua's brutal "meritocracy" was a caste system in practice (imagine the childhood mortality in a polluted planet with system based on who gets the resource first).
Posted Mar 31, 15 · Last edited Mar 31, 15
Stars:
+2,002
I fail to see how a story about Dorian Walker's discovery is going to prevent people from playing the Dominion side. There are plenty of non-Cassian RPers in the community who do not use this site and still manage to find or make RP for themselves. These Dominion guilds and RP circles are not obligated to advertise on WSRP.

As an aside, Merrisandra's profile and regards to slavery in Cassian society was corrected after being linked with the lore source. I'm not sure why you feel the need to bring that up much less persecute a player, especially when they adjusted their profile for consistency. Added to the fact that regardless of what faction a player picks, they have the right to play whatever makes them happy - be it Dominion or Exile.
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Mar 31, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+63
I mean the stories in Wildstar in general. I feel that it kinda bias towards Exiles, which many people (including me) reported the very low population on Dominion that might question if the faction will continue to be Playable Faction.
Posted Mar 31, 15 · Last edited Mar 31, 15
Page
of 9
NoticeNotices