Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 9

New Interactive Timeline from Carbine

86 replies
Stars:
+238
Thanks Kira! :d

Given that Rocio wasn't born until 8 years after their arrival, then for him to start having relevent memories of the Exiles he would have to be like 5 or 6 and by then the Dommies were starting their Ravaging or some such.

It's okay, it's a small detail and I don't mind changing it.
Posted Nov 26, 14
Stars:
+168
Despite having a central government through the queen, Aurin were really low-tech. They might not have even heard anything about the Exiles for a while after first contact. Might have taken months for some to hear about it via runners or word-of-mouth, possibly years if they were particularly isolated.
Going off memory, but IIRC, what make the Queen queen is that she can communicate with all the other matrias. Or it's a side effect of being queen or something like that. Their very own Intermatria. Facebark. Twigger. /4root (shudder).

Quote:
@Kalita: Yeah, I do wonder why it took so long. O.o Have to wonder if maybe the Dominion kept it under wraps, but eventually a signal got out?
That had me scratching my head as well... I thought the Contagion pretty much was the zombie apocalypse and things collapsed pretty quickly. Total guess: Maybe they were able to get it under control initially but the blockade prevented access to some critical component needed to produce Vitalus serum and the gap can be explained as they finally got beyond the point of no-return.

Spoiler: Interesting noteShow
Posted Nov 26, 14
Stars:
+63
Well, Dominion did contact with Aurin on handing over the Exiles with rewards to benefit them.
Unfortunately, they refused the offers from the Dominion and faced the consequences (aka Skaven Chua's Reapers).
The rescue would be even more ironic if Durek have been launching raids on Dominion military bases (and "some" settlements) between the discovery and ravaging of Arboria.
Douglas Bricius (Cassian Warrior Scientist, OC and Main character)
Brigid Bree (Human Stalker Soldier, Exiles Alt and future brewery owner)
Ferg McJinti (Chua Working Class Author)
Valeria Caesarius (Fleet Officer and a Lady)
Ursula Zaros (Mordesh Medical Migrator)
Posted Nov 26, 14
Kalita o
Stars:
+366
Online on Site
wrote:
Well, Dominion did contact with Aurin on handing over the Exiles with rewards to benefit them.
Unfortunately, they refused the offers from the Dominion and faced the consequences (aka Skaven Chua's Reapers).
The rescue would be even more ironic if Durek have been launching raids on Dominion military bases (and "some" settlements) between the discovery and ravaging of Arboria.

Wha? There was zero contact with the Dominion. They made an example out of Arboria flat out. There's never been any "offer" from the Dominion to the Aurin at all.

I'd love to see the sources on this because even Chad (Pappy) has said they needed no reason other than aiding the Exiles to wipe them out.
XDdjSto.png
Posted Nov 26, 14 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+63
Well, Pappy happened to say that Aurin refused to turn in the Exiles for exchange for reward.
https://twitter.com/CptCade000/status/489042631725686784
I think I misread that part. But I swear that Pappy told the gamers that they refused to turn over the Exiles when Dominion contacted them.
P.S- I sounded like Tywin Lannister when I wrote the last comment. I think someone should write Arboria version of "Rains of Castamere".
Douglas Bricius (Cassian Warrior Scientist, OC and Main character)
Brigid Bree (Human Stalker Soldier, Exiles Alt and future brewery owner)
Ferg McJinti (Chua Working Class Author)
Valeria Caesarius (Fleet Officer and a Lady)
Ursula Zaros (Mordesh Medical Migrator)
Posted Nov 27, 14 · Last edited Nov 27, 14
Kalita o
Stars:
+366
Online on Site
Yeah, nothing there says the Dominion talked to them. Only that the Aurin knew of the Dominion. They had no idea that just by merely helping they'd just destroy them, the Exiles did, however. That's why they left, fearing such an outcome.

Here's the info from one of the devlogs:
Dev Log wrote:
Despite the careful precautions taken by the rebel humans, the Dominion managed to trace the path of their fleet and eventually discovered the location of Arboria. As punishment for aiding the fugitive humans, the Dominion declared unconditional sovereignty over the Aurin's forest kingdom and sent an army of devastating Planet Reapers to collect the empire's rightful due.
XDdjSto.png
Posted Nov 27, 14 · OP
Kalita o
Stars:
+366
Online on Site
Quote:
Quote:
@Kalita: Yeah, I do wonder why it took so long. O.o Have to wonder if maybe the Dominion kept it under wraps, but eventually a signal got out?
That had me scratching my head as well... I thought the Contagion pretty much was the zombie apocalypse and things collapsed pretty quickly. Total guess: Maybe they were able to get it under control initially but the blockade prevented access to some critical component needed to produce Vitalus serum and the gap can be explained as they finally got beyond the point of no-return.

Spoiler: Interesting noteShow

Yeah, maybe. Then again it did take 2 years for the Exiles to get to Arboria so maybe they were a good bit off from Grismara and needed the time to get back. Definitely an interesting thing to ponder. Though, that starts getting into wondering just how space travel really works in the Wildstar universe.
XDdjSto.png
Posted Nov 27, 14 · OP · Last edited Nov 27, 14
Stars:
+107
wrote:
Though, that starts getting into wondering just how space travel really works in the Wildstar universe.

Read the answer to the question "What is the nature of hyper space travel in WildStar?"

It's kind of a sneaky semi-retcon on Pappy's part, but it's what we got.
Aria_sig_new2_resize.png
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunderstorm; and these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."
Posted Nov 27, 14
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
wrote:
Okay, I've made a couple of changes. Mostly with the formatting of things and also added in a couple of dates. However, there's one head scratching bit in there that I can't seem to wrap my head around so hoping for a little help on it from someone out there.

There's about 50 years between the release of the contagion on Grismara, and from what we know it spread pretty fast, and the Exiles starting to smuggle Vitalus treated Mordesh out. Now for the questions. Does anyone know when the Dominion blockade started or a rough idea? Also, it seems odd that the Exiles would wait so long, but maybe it took them a while to get there?

There's a few things for this. Grismara is actually close to Cassus which is one of the main reasons the barricade is in place (and seemingly still is). At the announcement of the Everlife Elixir, the Dominion showed up to bring the Mordesh into their fold -- until the Contagion reared it's ugly head. To note - and this is legit/canon - the effects of the Elixir was NOT immediate; it took weeks to months before the symptoms of the Contagion started showing up. When it did, that is when the Dominion flagged up and locked down all incoming and outgoing space travel from Grismara (hence the need to smuggle people out).

The Mordesh suffered some forty to fifty years before receiving help from the Exiles. Where the Exiles were at the time of the Contagion's spread is anyone's guess.
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Nov 27, 14 · Last edited Nov 27, 14
Star
List
Undo
Kalita o
Stars:
+366
Online on Site
@Naunet: thanks for that, don't know how I managed to miss that page. Not exactly an answer, but still an answer to things for sure. Makes things a lot more clear though on the capabilities for getting around. Now I gotta wonder though...how far is Cassus from Mikros though?! lol :p

@Pyra: Okay, that definitely make a lot more sense there then. I had a feeling the Exiles would've been a good distance away by that point anyway so in my head, turning around or sending smaller ships back could take quite a while. Either way, good to know that it wasn't a quick thing that happened on Grismara. Though, that just had to make it even worse. Getting images of Poe's "The Mask of the Red Death" in my head but on a global scale.
XDdjSto.png
Posted Nov 27, 14 · OP
Page
of 9
NoticeNotices