WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 49

Zai's Super Happy Awesome Court Mandated Interactive Blog ((Pretty Open))

486 replies
Stars:
+153
Zai? I know it's hard, but...eventually? The pine cone? Has to leave home. It's like when Mr. Snuggles rescued those baby splorgs from the lopp that wanted to lick them. I kept those splorglings for a long time and watched them all grow up. And, eventually, they got bigger and wanted off which is the natural splorgie thing to do. I remember I was really sad when they left. I remember feeding all of them. I remember giving all of them a bath. I remember Mr. Snuggles looking just as sad. Even the time when they couldn't all fit in the shoe box anymore.

But now? Of the six splorglings, I still see some. Squiggles comes around my home now and again. Technically, it's all Mr. Snuggles territory, but Mr. Snuggles doesn't seem to mind. Squiggles hangs around a day or so. I may feed him a cookie. Then Squiggles wanders off. Derpy is still here too! I see him in the tunnels under my home all the time.

One day? You may be out in Whitevale? And you will see this little sapling. And you may look at it and say, 'Hey! I remember when you were just a pine cone!'
Posted Nov 19, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+141
I wonder if any of them will make it as far as Whitevale, Kino... hoping for at least a handful to take and grow across the islands, tops, y'know? Though we're raising the odds with a couple science-minded folk who are going to try to bring up a sapling or two under supervision.

Early morning tagging and bagging some of the clusters that were earmarked for XAS, though leaving them up on the branches. Wouldn't do for all the seeds to fly. Ones I can reach without bending branches too much, anyway. Though for sake of fairness for each of the properly named ones, taking a seed or two out, climbing high, and letting them go. There's still gonna be hundreds in here. Also--bagging and netting a few for Monster Slayer and the other Star Embers. Writing that down here for accountability and sticking to my word. Heh.

Also, since it's been an issue, and several people have made threats to do exactly this: Do not take 'samples' from along the island chain and its nearby coast, nor immediate waters within one minute of shoreline (as a Stinger flies.)

If one is within sighting range of the Fjord or quaking pines or the beam of the lighthouse, they are too close. Expect to be monitored. Again, please do not remove seeds from this range without express written approval from XAS and and audio confirmation from Zai-Sue, and to be asked for these confirmations if found doing so. Neither myself nor the area's Watcher can grant this approval, though I can forward the appropriate Academy forms and related holonet page, and we can ask Sue nicely. She has been quite adamant on letting nature take its course with seeds let to the wind, however.

Now, this isn't to dissuade folks from coming by, not at all. The cones are opening! Isn't this one of those things aurin usually celebrate with their related trees? Friendly folk are welcome! Especially friends. Seeds're eeeverywhere. Everywhere. It's like clouds when the breeze blows. Pretty amazing. Does anyone know, uh... any boreal aurin customs regarding this kind of stuff? I can totally stick party lights up around Sue. Or something serious and shriney? Help I only know stuff from a couple deep jungle river basin Wikren and Desodar clans, not coastal tundra Verdunes?

Squeaks, should I put up party lights, or something all deep thoughts and serious?! I mean, important questions, here!
Posted Nov 19, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+168
Hey Zai, that's awesome and I'm happy for you. Even if it's confusing and maybe you're feeling a bit lost, that's only natural. How you feel is how you feel. It's not invalid and it doesn't mean you'll feel that way forever.

Kitty
Posted Nov 19, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+319
I miss seeing you at the Teahouse Ms. Zai.

I want to congratulate you all the same. This has been an incredible journey for you.
Posted Nov 19, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+321
I did a fair bit of travelling on Arboria pre-invasion. Some communities celebrated this period by helping bring the seeds afar, along the routes of the breeze, to ideal grounds other communities had prepared. Giving nature a hand, you know?
Posted Nov 19, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+441
I wonder if any of them will make it as far as Whitevale, Kino... hoping for at least a handful to take and grow across the islands, tops, y'know? Though we're raising the odds with a couple science-minded folk who are going to try to bring up a sapling or two under supervision.

Early morning tagging and bagging some of the clusters that were earmarked for XAS, though leaving them up on the branches. Wouldn't do for all the seeds to fly. Ones I can reach without bending branches too much, anyway. Though for sake of fairness for each of the properly named ones, taking a seed or two out, climbing high, and letting them go. There's still gonna be hundreds in here. Also--bagging and netting a few for Monster Slayer and the other Star Embers. Writing that down here for accountability and sticking to my word. Heh.

Also, since it's been an issue, and several people have made threats to do exactly this: Do not take 'samples' from along the island chain and its nearby coast, nor immediate waters within one minute of shoreline (as a Stinger flies.)

If one is within sighting range of the Fjord or quaking pines or the beam of the lighthouse, they are too close. Expect to be monitored. Again, please do not remove seeds from this range without express written approval from XAS and and audio confirmation from Zai-Sue, and to be asked for these confirmations if found doing so. Neither myself nor the area's Watcher can grant this approval, though I can forward the appropriate Academy forms and related holonet page, and we can ask Sue nicely. She has been quite adamant on letting nature take its course with seeds let to the wind, however.

Now, this isn't to dissuade folks from coming by, not at all. The cones are opening! Isn't this one of those things aurin usually celebrate with their related trees? Friendly folk are welcome! Especially friends. Seeds're eeeverywhere. Everywhere. It's like clouds when the breeze blows. Pretty amazing. Does anyone know, uh... any boreal aurin customs regarding this kind of stuff? I can totally stick party lights up around Sue. Or something serious and shriney? Help I only know stuff from a couple deep jungle river basin Wikren and Desodar clans, not coastal tundra Verdunes?

Squeaks, should I put up party lights, or something all deep thoughts and serious?! I mean, important questions, here!

I'm less worried about getting Verdune Aurin right, and more interested in people being happy how they like to happy? Happy is a verb now?

I've tried to take some things from the place I got taken from but-- I mean-- It really isn't my culture? I dont really have much claim to it. Half of what I've appropriated might be super offense?

We're all growing someplace new, and good thing about that is being able to shape our own traditions. I'd be super happy if you put up whatever you wanted to to celebrate. And thank you for being happy with me, and looking out for the kids.

Less than 5
Exile:
Sarian Svarkova- Recovering Mad Alchemist
Aaron Oldman- Unfrozen traitor lawyer
Zai Starember- Treehugger
Dominion
Benvolia Arcae- Is very happy being Ben
Posted Nov 20, 15 · OP
Stars:
+441
Zai? I know it's hard, but...eventually? The pine cone? Has to leave home. It's like when Mr. Snuggles rescued those baby splorgs from the lopp that wanted to lick them. I kept those splorglings for a long time and watched them all grow up. And, eventually, they got bigger and wanted off which is the natural splorgie thing to do. I remember I was really sad when they left. I remember feeding all of them. I remember giving all of them a bath. I remember Mr. Snuggles looking just as sad. Even the time when they couldn't all fit in the shoe box anymore.

But now? Of the six splorglings, I still see some. Squiggles comes around my home now and again. Technically, it's all Mr. Snuggles territory, but Mr. Snuggles doesn't seem to mind. Squiggles hangs around a day or so. I may feed him a cookie. Then Squiggles wanders off. Derpy is still here too! I see him in the tunnels under my home all the time.

One day? You may be out in Whitevale? And you will see this little sapling. And you may look at it and say, 'Hey! I remember when you were just a pine cone!'

I DOnt think its the leaving and growing that has me nervous, and more being worried they wont grow- or they will and we wont get along, or the like. I also worry I'll be a bad parent. I mean, its easier with trees,I think? Fjord pines dont have much of a childhood the way meaty people think of it. But that doesnt mean we're born ready to deal with the universe either. I worry I'll be a screw up, like my dad was. I also worry I;ll let them get kidnapped and hurt, like what happened to me.
Exile:
Dominion
Posted Nov 20, 15 · OP
Stars:
+441
wrote:
Hey Zai, that's awesome and I'm happy for you. Even if it's confusing and maybe you're feeling a bit lost, that's only natural. How you feel is how you feel. It's not invalid and it doesn't mean you'll feel that way forever.

Kitty
Thanks Kitty-- that means a lot. Sort of overwhelmed, heh.
Exile:
Dominion
Posted Nov 20, 15 · OP
Stars:
+441
wrote:
I miss seeing you at the Teahouse Ms. Zai.

I want to congratulate you all the same. This has been an incredible journey for you.

Thanks River-- I also miss the teahouse, but the timing hasnt been working with one of my jobs.
Exile:
Dominion
Posted Nov 20, 15 · OP
Stars:
+441
I did a fair bit of travelling on Arboria pre-invasion. Some communities celebrated this period by helping bring the seeds afar, along the routes of the breeze, to ideal grounds other communities had prepared. Giving nature a hand, you know?

Please don't haul any seeds off without talking to me first.
Exile:
Dominion
Posted Nov 20, 15 · OP
Page
of 49
NoticeNotices