Page
of 6

Mordesh Lore Compilation (2.0)

58 replies
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Stickied! This has a ton of great info. =)
Posted Oct 4, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
wrote:
Stickied! This has a ton of great info. =)

Ah, man. We're officially official now! (The only way to hit God-tier is a Pappy approval! :U)
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Oct 4, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
Hello, everyone! In light of new lore added all thanks to Mister Cory Herndon (one of the narrators/lead writers that works with Chad "Pappy" Moore), we have quite a bit of additions made to the thread; namely, questions added in a Reddit Lore AMA. All of these questions have been added to FAQ, and, in some cases, revised previous questions asked. Due to this, the FAQ post has been revamped and reformatted based on four subjects:
Sociology, Class, and Religion
Architecture, Aesthetic, and Culture
Anatomy, Physiology, and the Contagion
Miscellaneous

These sub-sections have been placed under Spoiler tags for better readability. To find a specific subject, click on 'Show', then use Ctrl+F to find the subject you're looking for. Additional questions and answers will be added as more lore is revealed!

Secondly, a Content Compendium has been added to the very top of the page. Like a Table of Contents, just worded differently because Enjin doesn't like 'table' in brackets due to BBCode. However, with the lack of anchor coding, going directly to one of these content posts is unavailable. In other words: scroll down.

Lastly, a new section called "So you want to RP a Mordesh" will be added at a later date. Though most of you have already figured out how to RP a Mordesh, the intent of this section is to help iron out various ideas and lore justifications for Mordesh characters.

Thank you so much for reading this! I hope this thread will continue to be your go-to guide for all things Mordesh!
mHbU0UF.png

Posted Oct 11, 15 · OP · Last edited Oct 11, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2
Greetings, and thanks for this awesome guide! It has greatly helped me flesh out my Mordesh!

Though I do wonder, is there no more lore about the Reaper profession for the Mordesh? For as far as I can find, we're only told that they take care of the ravenous, but is there no more about it?

I'm wondering about how a Mordesh goes on about becoming a Reaper, and if it is only Reapers who're legally permitted to murder the ravenous or not. In general basic stuff that would make it easier to RP one, and perhaps publicly discuss about the profession itself. Though as you haven't written it here in the guide, I assume there is no more officially to it, but still, its a shame as I find the profession rather interesting.
Posted Oct 19, 15 · Last edited Oct 19, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+20
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I make a point of having this FAQ open while I'm RPing Dion - incredibly useful when I'm sitting here going "Damn! What's the name of the moon associated with vitus, again?"
Posted Oct 19, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
Greetings, and thanks for this awesome guide! It has greatly helped me flesh out my Mordesh!

Though I do wonder, is there no more lore about the Reaper profession for the Mordesh? For as far as I can find, we're only told that they take care of the ravenous, but is there no more about it?

I'm wondering about how a Mordesh goes on about becoming a Reaper, and if it is only Reapers who're legally permitted to murder the ravenous or not. In general basic stuff that would make it easier to RP one, and perhaps publicly discuss about the profession itself. Though as you haven't written it here in the guide, I assume there is no more officially to it, but still, its a shame as I find the profession rather interesting.

Hi there! Thank you for reading the guide and I hope it's been pretty insightful for you. As for your question, we have very limited information on Reapers aside from what they do and their ranks. Nothing listed in game has mentioned how to become a Reaper, but I believe there is association with the Alchemists' Guild judging that they use acid and fire to dispose of the bodies. If you do find any in-game sources, please let me know. :)

wrote:
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I make a point of having this FAQ open while I'm RPing Dion - incredibly useful when I'm sitting here going "Damn! What's the name of the moon associated with vitus, again?"

Thank YOU for reading the guide! I'm very happy to hear that this thread is serving it's purpose!
mHbU0UF.png

Posted Oct 19, 15 · OP
Stars:
+2,002
avra.jpg

An exciting new page of information for the Widow, Lady Avra Darkos:
http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/game/loremageddon/avra/
(New lore updates to this thread will be edited later.)
mHbU0UF.png

Posted Nov 9, 15 · OP
Stars:
+35
I just read all this, and it was very good, thank you!
The concept art link appears to be broken however.
prXb8TW.png
Posted Nov 9, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
wrote:
I just read all this, and it was very good, thank you!
The concept art link appears to be broken however.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've found a better source and the link has been properly updated. :)
http://static.wildstar-online.com/img/artwork/full/Mordesh.jpg
mHbU0UF.png

Posted Nov 9, 15 · OP
Stars:
+2,002
A small lore update (added to the FAQ):

"Where Mordesh capable of space travel?"

Pre-Contagion Mordesh were certainly capable of space travel, but their activities were typically limited to the confines of their own star system - for example, they've thoroughly explored Grismara's moons.

By the time they became aware of other civilizations beyond their own, the Mordesh hadn't really considered travel beyond Grismara and its immediate stellar environment. Their attention was focused on their own problems and endeavors, as well as the evolution and enrichment of their lavish culture. Only with the coming of the Contagion and the formation of the Dominion blockade have the Mordesh started to look beyond their home world for some means of escape.
(Source)

Credit to Ranavos for the link.
mHbU0UF.png

Posted Jan 24, 16 · OP · Last edited Jan 24, 16
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices