WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 6

Mordesh Lore Compilation (2.0)

58 replies
Stars:
+48
Mordesh also apparently can't feel pleasure. (source)

As much as I love the Amorous Advice of Dr Lazarin, I'd take anything it says with a pinch of salt. After all, here it claims he lost a soulmate to the Contagion, and I don't recall coming across any other mention of her in the lore. Seeing as the death of his wife was what drove Lazarin to make the elixer in the first place, and thoughts of her kept him semi-sane as he researched a cure I'm not so sure the lost 'other soulmate' is canon, and therefore that anything else on the Wildstar tumblr is.

It doesn't take too much to discard the only two known losses Lazarin has had, and neither of those were due to the contagion. I suppose you could argue for the second one indirectly dying due to the contagion, but even then (spoilers)
Spoiler: World Story SpoilersShow
Posted Jul 21, 14
Stars:
+2,002
Updated the FAQ to include the new information on Mordesh naming conventions:

tumblr_nd5etknBbr1rapawuo1_1280.png

Source: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/2014-10-08-wildstar-naming-guide-part-one/
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Oct 8, 14 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
In celebration of today's Loremageddon, the Lore compilation has been updated to reflect new additions as well as crucial updates and corrections for continuity. Included in this update is a new section on Mordesh Religion, small lore on Grismara, and a few additional FAQs.

If you discover any broken links or lore errors (though most are copied straight from their sources), please let me know. If there is something portent you wish to add, leave a comment or suggestion in this thread. Thanks!
mHbU0UF.png

Posted Nov 10, 14 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+63
Here's my head canon for Mordesh:
Maybe the possible Eldan creator secretly created the Mordesh but other Eldans discovered them and got furious about it. Just as he's about the destroy them, he relented and let them live.
Wait, I think I just made Mordesh into Tolkien Dwarves since both of them are screwed over by fate (the latter had respect but they lost a lot of dwarves and civilizations from both orcs and dragons).
Douglas Bricius (Cassian Warrior Scientist, OC and Main character)
Brigid Bree (Human Stalker Soldier, Exiles Alt and future brewery owner)
Ferg McJinti (Chua Working Class Author)
Valeria Caesarius (Fleet Officer and a Lady)
Ursula Zaros (Mordesh Medical Migrator)
Posted Nov 10, 14 · Last edited Nov 10, 14
Stars:
+2,002
The Mordesh Lore Compilation now includes a link to the Fall of Grismara storyline. You can also read it here:

pNrApfS.png
mHbU0UF.png

Posted Mar 3, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
Added new lore about the Moons of Grismara, and an FAQ entry for Mordesh music. :d
mHbU0UF.png

Posted May 7, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+8
Had a fellow lash out at me last week over whispers after my human made a rather disgusted sound when some one mentioned bedding Mordesh in the vicinity. Pretty sure they ignored me as well, so I couldn't really say anything back, not that I really sought to.

Anyhow, I don't really care who's doing what; but if there's one thing that's certain, it's that Mordesh are sickly race teetering on the border between death and cannibalism, and that as a player, you really have no excuse to be perturbed out of character if another player's character views the race as a whole in this manner.

It isn't a matter of whether it's true or not in the finest detail, but that a fictional race's pride isn't your own, and in turn, while your character can have full right to disagree, you as a player are expected to respect the other player's writing. That means keeping any actual disputes IC.

Please do not start an OOC argument over an IC opinion.
lHWEoR8.pngg5vjjrh.png
Posted May 14, 15 · Last edited May 14, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
People are going to have varying opinions of what Mordesh can and can't do, anatomically speaking. It's really based on the player and their personal preference. Like it or hate it altogether, there's a certain level of mutual respect that needs to be applied -- regardless of racial preferences, roleplay styles and so on. That really goes for both sides, but not everyone adheres to that idea.

But overall, being lashed at by another roleplayer is no bueno by any stretch, and in that case, I would simply let it go. IC or OOC, it's not worth the aggravation in trying to argue over something as meaningless as the forementioned situation. In this particular case, however, I would say that every Mordesh RPer is going to have some input on the topic - whether they agree or disagree. Better to divert the topic or politely back out than get wrapped up in something that approaches your #Nope zone. And if the other person is still flipping their shit, all the better to GTFO.
mHbU0UF.png

Posted May 14, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
Thanks to Tawa/Emilio for finding this in Pappy's endless collection of lore on Twitter:
Quote:
"What is the material for the clear/translucent casing used on Mordesh bodies?"

"The casing is an ultra-strong polymer. Think transparent Kevlar. It's clear so they can visually monitor levels." - Chad Moore
(Source)

So there you have it. Not glass, but a Kevlar-like polymer material.
mHbU0UF.png

Posted Sep 28, 15 · OP
Stars:
+2,002
"Mordesh - What was Grismara's architecture like? - What's post-Grismaran architecture like? - What was the political state of Grismara like? A monarchy? Oligarchy? Were there separate nations, or had the world united under one government? - What other species were native to Grismara? Are there any left?"

I covered the architecture question elsewhere, I believe, but I can address pre-Contagion Grismara a bit more. From our lore docs:

"Until a few decades ago, the Mordesh lived within a blossoming, baroque society on Grismara. Mordesh culture valued knowledge and beauty above all else, a fact reflected in their art, architecture and scientific pursuits. Although not extremely advanced, their technology was well-built and elegantly designed, characterized by steam-driven engines and pneumatic machines. Massive zeppeloids floated in the skies above rural towns and villages, while powerful transmotives carried people and products on a rail network that linked their sprawling enclaves. Scientists and philosophers engaged in spirited debates in public places, espousing both magical and technological theories to support their views."

It doesn't specify, but internally we have gone with the idea that Grismara was dominated by city-states which had been at peace for most of their recorded history - but a peace along the lines of Renaissance Florence, filled with intrigue, personal politics, betrayals, and schemes.

Any non-Mordesh species left on Grismara have probably long since been consumed by the Ravenous. It is difficult to get accurate information on the planet due to the Dominion blockade and the aforementioned Ravenous.

(Source)

mHbU0UF.png

Posted Oct 4, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices