WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 24

[Addon] Killroy (formerly SCChatLog)

237 replies
Stars:
+275
>.> Uhhh I did? Hence the mention that it includes your version of GeminiColor (and GeminiPackages, I should have mentioned). I tried to do it as a submodule off the git but discovered you'd changed the loading methods in PDA from what was on the repository for GC. It's working now, but obviously that makes working with a submodule less attractive if we can't update it. I guess it would have to be forked to have one branch as a library include and one as a separate stand alone addon. In any event, it's working so have a look folks!

Speaking of which, there's no GIT for GeminiPackages? Oh an once again, thanks for all your assistance learning this material, TB. Couldn't have done this without your guidance and contributions.
3462105.jpg
Posted May 17, 14 · OP · Last edited May 17, 14
Stars:
+386
GeminiPacakges was phased out when Carbine added Package support. But right now thee's a bug preventing packages from finding XML and other non-Lua assets. It was in initial community effort at loading libraries that isn't needed... well not for most things. The asset folder will be fixed for launch, the other problem with ICCommLib is still present and we don't know if/when it'll be fixed.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted May 18, 14
Stars:
+275
I've received a report that Killroy isn't disabling the Cross Faction chat filter. If users could make sure the most recent release is installed and then on their Ops week ventures, let me know if all is operating as it should, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your attention.
3462105.jpg
Posted May 20, 14 · OP
Stars:
+33
Yea that was me. Was at Thayd on Nexus and couldn't understand what the Dev was saying after he flipped faction and started to kill players all over the place. Also couldn't understand what the Dominion players on Farside were saying.
Exile Main: Lektra Bolt
Dominion Main: Andromeda "Rommie" Ascendant
Posted May 21, 14 · Last edited May 21, 14
Stars:
+275
Ok, I've confirmed for myself that the most recent version appears to be working just fine. So make sure you dump your appdata saved settings and download the most recent version and you should be good to go.
3462105.jpg
Posted May 21, 14 · OP
Stars:
+33
Got it. Deleted the Killroy account xml file which should reset the settings to default next time I login. Wish I had a Dommie to test with.
Posted May 22, 14
Stars:
+33
Script can you please add support for the various Chatlog replacing addons, like Charfixed and stuff? I think you'd have to work with those authors or something for interoperability. Not being sure if this works with Chatlog replacing addons is why I haven't replaced my Chatlog yet.
Posted Jun 7, 14
Stars:
+386
<<cut out rant here>>

It's no small task for him to change stuff to support chat log replacements, since he has to dig into their code and see how different it is from Carbine's and if he even can add the same functionality.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jun 7, 14
Stars:
+33
That's why I mentioned work with those authors, so they do most of the work for him since it's THEIR addon he's going to be adding compatibility for.

I've personally been waiting for the fabled PHONE addon that Packetdancer said she will make, but until then my chat is in serious need of repair. The settings not saving is why I haven't made more tabs, or I'd have to set them each login and each reload. :(

I think Chatfixed should be the easiest to account for, since the author says its 99% Carbine, with the addition that all chat options (filters per tab, RP options, profanity filter, and mouseoff fade) actually save.
Posted Jun 7, 14 · Last edited Jun 7, 14
Stars:
+275
I can tell you that Killroy will not work with anything but ChatLog. It specifically accesses and changes the functioning of the default Carbine addon. I've been playing the game and so not thinking about coding, only making sure nothing Carbine does breaks things. As TB says, modifying multiple addons means tracking the implementations of multiple programmers. I'm not sure I want to get involved in that. It might be better to ask those authors if they would incorporate what Killroy does into their addons, rather than having me attempt to modify their work.
3462105.jpg
Posted Jun 7, 14 · OP
Page
of 24
NoticeNotices