of 24

[Addon] Killroy (formerly SCChatLog)

237 replies
Stars:
+275
New Beta, 1.8.0

Three new features:

1. Added toggle for hiding windows in combat

2. Added radio selector for extended, regular and abbreviated chat channel labels.

3. Added per channel aliasing. This allows you to identify yourself by some nickname, pre-pended to your chat message.

The first two items interfaces are pretty explanatory. Mouse over the chat channel alias field for a tool-tip instruction on how to use it.

Updated Manual to 1.8.0.
3462105.jpg
Posted Oct 19, 15 · OP · Last edited Oct 19, 15
Stars:
+275
Release, 1.8.2. Couple of minor tweaks. Let's hope it don't explode.
3462105.jpg
Posted Oct 23, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
Got this error a few times while at the tournament. Version 1.8.2
Quote:
...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\Killroy\Killroy.lua:1276: table index is nil
stack trace:
...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\Killroy\Killroy.lua:1276: in function 'ParseForContext'
...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\Killroy\Killroy.lua:3066: in function 'HelperGenerateChatMessage'
...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\Killroy\Killroy.lua:2794: in function <...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\Killroy\Killroy.lua:2677>
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Oct 24, 15
Stars:
+13

3. Added per channel aliasing. This allows you to identify yourself by some nickname, pre-pended to your chat message.

This is a wonderful idea, Scriptorium! You can use your account name from this site on the WSRP channel so no matter what character you're on, you can show as the same name. And for my recent Exile, I can have it proclaim her Cassian accent on GlobalRadio. Thanks for adding this.
Posted Oct 25, 15
Stars:
+275
@Pyra, looking into it. That's an odd one. That section of code is iterating through names Killroy is checking for mentions. Can you give me some more info on what you were up to when this occured?

@Alys, thanks!
3462105.jpg
Posted Oct 25, 15 · OP · Last edited Oct 25, 15
Stars:
+2,002
I'll try to see if I can recreate it, but I recall it started acting up when I was trying to add more than one Alias to the name mention part. Unless it's only meant to grab one name, then that's a fault on me. I listed it as Pyra; Red;, when I took out the names, that seemed to have cleared it up.
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Oct 26, 15
Stars:
+33
Hi Script, long time. I was wondering if you would consider integrating the feature of Sticky Whispers addon? I figure Killroy does chat stuff and it's a chat thing so why not request? Sticky Whispers in it's current state is broken and not working.

http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/222100-sticky-whispers
Exile Main: Lektra Bolt
Dominion Main: Andromeda "Rommie" Ascendant
Posted Oct 27, 15
Stars:
+366
Been getting this error lately that seems to completely break the chat at times. Whispers work fine, but local chat ends up with not seeing other people's posts, etc.

...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\Killroy\Killroy.lua:1276: table index is nil
stack trace:
...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\Killroy\Killroy.lua:1276: in function 'ParseForContext'
...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\Killroy\Killroy.lua:3066: in function 'HelperGenerateChatMessage'
...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\Killroy\Killroy.lua:2794: in function <...a\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\Killroy\Killroy.lua:2677>
XDdjSto.png
Posted Oct 31, 15
Page
of 24
NoticeNotices