WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 24

[Addon] Killroy (formerly SCChatLog)

237 replies
Stars:
+275
Just cross posting this here so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of the general discussion forum.

@Curse

Carbine adopted a faction wall as part of their game, so any chat between factions is garbled into an "alien" font by default. This addon changes that behavior to allow members of opposite factions to converse in any public channels they share. In addition it reworks the default behavior of the Carbine ChatLog addons roleplay filter. When "RP Only" is engaged in the ChatLog options, this addon will force all input in "say" and "emote" into RP mode (making it visible). In addition, all whispers will be displayed (as of version 2). When using the "No RP" or "Both" options, the default Carbine behavior remains in place. That behavior is governed by the use of formatting flags:

"{#}": Forces input into the "alien" font.

"{*}": Forces input into "roleplay" mode.

"{!}": Removes special formating for what comes after it.

Example:

/s {*} Mary had a {!} little lamb, its {#} fleece was white {!} as snow.

Would send "Mary had a" to the chat as RP text, "little lamb, its" as regular chat, "fleece was white" as alien text and "as snow" as regular text.
3462105.jpg
Posted Mar 31, 14 · OP · Last edited May 2, 14
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+275
Just to let folks know, I've updated this pending this weekend's Beta session, based off the patch Carbine released last week. They did make fairly extensive changes to ChatLog, so I had to remake my changes from scratch. The updated file is up on Curse along with the original, but it is very very Alpha/Beta at this point. I'll be testing it on Friday when I get home from work and will update the build accordingly throughout the evening if there are problems. Please feel free to download and test it out, reporting your problems here or on Curse.
3462105.jpg
Posted Apr 15, 14 · OP · Last edited Apr 15, 14
Stars:
+357
I'll be running this addon during the weekend if anyone wants to talk to a Dominion character. I'll most likely be on Emilio on the Nexus server.
Emilio Adessi- Inquisitor Priest
Vigilant Church Lore Thread
Posted Apr 15, 14
Stars:
+242
Is it... entirely legal to talk cross faction, though? <_< I mean it's cool and all but seems sketchy.
Like, seriously. Talking x-faction would work out so great for pirate peoples. All that negotiating and stuff.
But.
Is carbine okay with this?
Posted Apr 15, 14
Wanted to ask the same thing TG-I just did. I mentioned this to my boyfriend and he immediately asked whether or not this violates ToS or something, though the addon itself is very cool.
Posted Apr 15, 14
Stars:
+275
My opinion based on observations on how Carbine has worked in beta is that if you don't like how something works in Wildstar, they give you the development tools to change it. ChatLog is just an addon, it requires no reverse engineering of the Wildstar "exe" to make this change. It only effects players who down load and use the addon. Users of the official ChatLog addon will see no changes. Copy sent from SCChatlog users will still appear garbled to them. So until I get a cease and desist from them regarding it (I've posted about this in the official beta forums), I'd say we're good.
3462105.jpg
Posted Apr 16, 14 · OP · Last edited Apr 16, 14
I think that's fine, then! Really excited to try this out in roleplay, especially with more neutral-aligned characters.
Posted Apr 16, 14
Stars:
+275
Update: New Release file is being vetted by Curse. Got in game finally this evening and I think I've stomped the bugs out of it. So check the Curse project and look for the "v2" version. That will be the most up to date one.
3462105.jpg
Posted Apr 18, 14 · OP
Stars:
+131
Ah good work, hopefully i can download and hunt some people to try it. :-)
509d6d51-cf77-4899-9c55-9a834506dcaf_zpsf12c48c7.jpg
Elyssa I Tabitha I Rosa
Genivieve I Quadria I Karlisa
RaceDay I Tournament I Circle of Raiding
Posted Apr 19, 14
Stars:
+386
Scriptorium,

Please take a look over [url=http://https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34142-help-a-way-to-replace-part-of-a-carbine-addon-rather-than-the-whole-thing/]this thread[/url] and consider using this implementation for cross faction chat. It will make the addon much more compact and not require replacing the entire stock chat log. It can also be easily modified to check for different chat log mods in the future.

Of course this assumes that I understand what you changed correctly, being just the event handlers for message receiving. I thoguht thsi was possible, but wasn't sure exact syntax, and this thread has popped up.

Togglebutton
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Apr 19, 14
Page
of 24
NoticeNotices