Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 9

Dominion: The Vigilant Church

81 replies
Stars:
+357
wrote:
I am looking forward to rolling a devout Mechari. Since they can be acolytes I am assuming they can work their way up the ranks as well. Should be deep, dark, progressive rp to be had on her. Yay. Thanks for putting this together.
Yes, there should be nothing preventing other races from also going up in rank in the Vigilant Church. It just happens that Cassians are there at the moment. Coincidence and giving each race their own screen time with the Draken Legions leader, Chua DRED leader, and Mechari ICI leader. Cassians and Mechari are the most devoted of the four races.

-

I have received updated information about celibacy in the church members. It is not required. It is more like the Church of England style than Roman Catholic. Source
Emilio Adessi- Inquisitor Priest
Vigilant Church Lore Thread
Posted Oct 4, 15 · OP · Last edited Oct 4, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+357
Update!
wrote:
What exactly does a Vigilant Church inquisitor do?
HernCo wrote:
Aha! I just realized I didn't write an archive entry for them. Here's what we've got in our Vigilant Church lore.
"The Inquisitor faction is responsible for ensuring the piety and devotion of the church's flock, serving as the punitive hammer when gross infractions are committed. As all Exile citizens were long ago labeled heretics by the church, many of them have felt the wrath of the Inquisitors. Inquisitors are generally feared by most people in the Dominion, including the other factions within the church."
In many ways they could be seen as the opposite side of a the Exile Judges coin. They are both positions which began as means for determining the legal (sometimes holy) truth, but those positions have in gotten far more direct - making them judge, jury, inquisitor, executioner... or all of the above.
Source
Posted Oct 10, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
Good, good, gooooooood. RPing Wilhelm specifically as intended. >8D
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Oct 10, 15
Stars:
+357
Also forgot to mention that is now a The Inquisition circle. Send Inquisitor Wilhelm or Emilio Adessi a whisper for an invite if you have an Inquisitor.
Posted Oct 10, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+108
>8] Neheheheheh yes good. This does well for Tatius. c8 I would love to join such a circle! I will try to send you a whisper soon.
Mercurius Nero/Bram Harper - Highborn Smuggler, and Information Broker
Tatius Auriel - Curator to the Library of Hycrest, and Inquisitor
Zooks Wardshaw - 'Space Trucker' a.k.a. a space hillbilly freighter
Aelia Saito - Agent of the Saito Clan

Personal Blog: http://spacepissbabies.tumblr.com/
Posted Oct 10, 15
Stars:
+2,002
Quote:
Are there any examples of known heretical cults that currently exist (or have been eradicated) and dealt with by the inquisitors?

There have been many, often arising among Cassian humans or Draken and dedicated to various beliefs inspired by blending their ancestral myths with the true vision (as an Inquisitor might say) of the Vigilant Church. They often take very dramatic names like the "Vigilant Sons of Tresayne" or "Ravok's Teeth." You can probably guess which Dominion race belongs in which.

It should be noted that simply not being part of the Vigilant Church, while considered by some suspicious (especially when it comes to Cassians), is not a crime or heresy. In fact, even subscribing to the traditional beliefs of your people is not that frowned upon so long as you don't try to say these beliefs override the church or try to blend Vigilant doctrine with your culture's own. But actively teaching things contrary to Vigilant doctrine or which appear to undermine the Eldan's divinity won't be tolerated.

What is the usual method used by the Inquisitors for dealing out their executions? Firing squad? Hanging? Burning?

Most are prone to old-fashioned beheading, which has been traditional for hundreds of years. If a heretic absolutely refuses to recant, immolation by fusion beam is not unheard of. The latter is by far the more painful option.

Sauce for source.
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Oct 10, 15
Star
List
Undo
Sev
Much of the above is still seen within Dominion military dominated by the Draken. It is tolerated by the Vigilant Church (who find it distasteful, if not truly heretical) largely because General Kezrek Warbringer has proven to be such an effective le wrote:

A tidbit I found that you guys might've missed on Draken Bloodshamans and blood related rituals.
Posted Oct 11, 15 · Last edited Oct 11, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+357
wrote:
Why do the High Sentinel and High Priests of the Vigilant Church wear masks? Is there a meaning behind it?
Why do the Luminai wear masks? Are these masks related to the ones worn by the clergy in the Vigilant Church?

Masks have a lot of meaning in Dominion culture, but especially with those who have a connection to the Eldan. The Eldan themselves were said never to venture among their creations without facemasks and encounter suits, therefore those who worshiped them brought that tradition into their own formalized events and modes of dress.
wrote:
How is the Vigilant Church reacting to discoveries about the Eldan on Nexus?

The real story (once the player uncovers it) behind the Eldan's disappearance is not common knowledge anywhere, lore-wise, except at the highest levels (which for these purposes includes the player). The leaders of the Vigilant Church are still reeling from these discoveries and have so far been slow to act.
Odds are good these questions will be answered.
Posted Oct 11, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+55
Love it! Great work on this.

Quick question: Under the "Sunday Best" spoiler, there is not any examples of Inquisitorial garb. I assume that this is due to not many NPC inquisitors in game. Would it be appropriate/recommended to fashion an outfit based on the acolyte (for aspirants) and/or priest (for full inquisitors) pictures?
Doctor Rillik, Commanding Officer of <C L A D>, ESPer, Scientist, Dominion, Entity
Jakath Nottian, Aspirant of <The Inquisition>, Warrior, Explorer, Dominion, Entity

Posted Oct 13, 15
Stars:
+357
Love it! Great work on this.

Quick question: Under the "Sunday Best" spoiler, there is not any examples of Inquisitorial garb. I assume that this is due to not many NPC inquisitors in game. Would it be appropriate/recommended to fashion an outfit based on the acolyte (for aspirants) and/or priest (for full inquisitors) pictures?

There are no Inquisitor NPCs so choose whatever you would like to wear. Mind you that they should have a version where they are able to fight in.
Posted Oct 13, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 9
NoticeNotices