WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 9

Dominion: The Vigilant Church

81 replies
Stars:
+357
In this thread, I will be posting and collecting all the info I've gathered about the best part of the Dominion, the Vigilant Church. They will be screencaps from journals, quests, random NPCs, and anything else I can find.

I'm constantly adding more stuff to this thread as I find new things or take more pictures so check every now and then! I hope all of you enjoy the info and it's not in a confusing format.

The Basics-
Spoiler: Codex entry of the Vigilant ChurchShow
Spoiler: Codex entry of the Radiant LegionShow
Spoiler: HernCo entry of the InquisitionShow
Officially established in 1376 AE by Emperor Jarec under the Vigilant Declaration, the Vigilant Church united the religious beliefs of the Dominion under one organization. The children of Dominus became canonized as the Scions and the Eldan elevated to godhood. The Vigilant Church is very much like a traditional Earth church lead by the High Sentinel who is personally chosen by the Emperor. Underneath the High Sentinel are the priests or priestesses providing sermons called Vigils held in churches that can be found in almost every Cassian settlement that teach the way of the Scions from holy books such as the Book of Dominus or the Book of Azrion.

Although the Vigilant Church is now a beacon of the Dominion empire, furthering its beliefs of destiny and divine right to Nexus, it is not enforced upon its diverse citizens. Drakens are freely allowed to worship their Blood Gods without much of a second glance. Rather than fighting against the long held traditions of the other races that make up the Dominion, each unique culture is seen as a general blanket of the Vigilant Church in their own way and will gladly accommodate for different rituals.

The Vigilant Church is open to everyone, not just Cassians. Mechari are self aware enough and are believed to have some sort of soul in their crystal brain/hearts like the rest of the Dominion races. In fact, a majority of Mechari are devout followers of the church. Drakens and Chuas are rare due to their deeply routed beliefs in primal gods and science but there are exceptions to the norm. They do appear in game as random npcs and some even give you quests. There is no alienation in the Vigilant Church.

The Vigilant Church is not just all priests and preachers though and posses its own military branch, the Radiant Legion. It is one of the most famous of the legions in the Dominion military with high standards for recruits in both combat skill and religious piety. Their numbers are smaller than the other legions of the Dominion military but they are a highly skilled force known to provide significant support in the thickest of battle. Members of the Radiant Legion must cut ties with any past organizations and life they had before and devote themselves fully to protecting the church or any task they are assigned to. They are lead by the holy commander of the legion who only answers to the Emperor and High Sentinel of the Vigilant Church, not to anyone else. With this direct line to the most powerful people of the Dominion, the Radiant Legionnaires are renown for their unshakable loyalty. This puts the Radiant Legion in a higher public standard than other legions but is open to all dominion citizens if they can prove themselves worthy of the difficult task ahead of them.

A smaller and lesser known organization of the church is the Inquisition. Focused on upholding the purity of the Vigilant Church through teams of small operatives, they are assigned to root out heretics and cults. They do not take much part in the public eye like the Radiant Legion so not much is known about rankings or practices beyond punishing those who are a threat to the sanctity of the church and Empire. They are quite respected and feared by their enemies and even fellow Dominion citizens. Cassians make up a majority of their numbers.

This thread is very image heavy underneath all the spoiler tags!

Going Deeper Into the Vigilant Church

The Scions
They are the sons and daughters of Dominus who have been canonized by the Vigilant Church and are now worshiped as saints. Each one represents a different Vigilant Virtue and have their own teachings found in their Books. Dominus is still the center of the Vigilant Church but the Scions are called upon more if anything specific is needed such as strength or justice.
Spoiler: Show

Important NPCs
Important Figures of the Vigilant Church and anything relating to it

Dress Codes
Looking good in your Sunday Best

Quotes

Vigilant Related Journals and Quests
Assorted information relating to the Vigilant Church

Images of the Vigilant Church and Radiant Legion
Interior and Exterior shots of the churches and gatherings of the Vigilant Church

Information Confirmed by Pappy or HernCo
Gathered from Twitter, Livestreams, and Reddit

Random Personal Notes
Not official canon information but common themes I have noticed and some theories.

More always coming!
Emilio Adessi- Inquisitor Priest
Vigilant Church Lore Thread
Posted Mar 12, 14 · OP · Last edited Oct 11, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+357
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ RESERVED~✧
Posted Mar 12, 14 · OP · Last edited Mar 12, 14
Inessa Aksenov Benefactor
Stars:
+418
I'm really glad that the female Scions weren't just relegated to shit like "compassion" and "beauty" because chicks

fuck yeah Courage and maces
Posted Mar 12, 14
Stars:
+357
Naw, chicks are pretty damn awesome for the Dominion. Sword Maidens!

I'm currently gathering up shiny watermark-free screenshots of journals and key characters to fancy this post up. I'll have some nice juicy info for the High Priestess! Spoilers, she's awesome and overthrew the last High Sentinel. I have no solid evidence yet, but I think she's like the dominion pope.
Posted Mar 12, 14 · OP
Inessa Aksenov Benefactor
Stars:
+418
The Dominion has like 40 awesome female characters while the Exiles struggle to keep one alive for 15 minutes before they inevitably get blown up to encourage their male counterpart to accomplish something
Posted Mar 12, 14
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+357
Ohhhhh, that burns.

I haven't really played much Exile but other than Kit, what's her face country scientist girl with two scanbots, and the aurin queen... I don't know any other Exile women. But they aren't important because they aren't part of the Vigilant Church!
Posted Mar 12, 14 · OP
Thanks for this. Although I am in the Beta I do not want to roll Dominion until launch due to the fact their genuine amazingness may cause far greater pangs of unpleasant withdrawal when the servers are down. So any snippets you have a really handy for building a true to lore character without ruining launch.

(Also Kara rocks - haha get it she is a Granok, second in command and quite the character.)
Posted Mar 12, 14
Stars:
+357
No prob! When I first got into the beta and rolled Dominion, I was awed by the grandness of the church in the Arkship. After playing around with my chua for a while, I rolled a Cassian and dove right in the vigilant lore and fell in love.

Ah, didn't know there was a female granok NPC! I'm sure she kicks much ass.
Posted Mar 12, 14 · OP
Stars:
+603
Myala Everstar, Aurin Queen. I like her. She definitely has an immaturity about her, but I feel she is resourceful and knowledgeable beyond her years.

Kit Brinny, who becomes a volunteer for FCON and you help her out. Is actully a very resourceful individual I found, and very smart.

Belle Walker, the daughter of Dorian Walker, who is basically one of the leaders of the XAS. She appears several times and she kicks ass with those two scan bots and is very intelligent. Though I don't want to give away too much in game stuff but there is an event that probably would have shattered anyones confidence but she just pushes through it and continues her job. Perhaps a bit foolish in that regard because she didn't give herself much time to process what happened to her. But she is fearless, smart and I like her.

And Avros Darkos, the black hood leader also kown as the Widow... She is a scary woman... RUthless and does her job well. You work with her and she "spins a web" of information and rocks at what she does. And she also goes out int he field to help you.

There is also Lucy Lazarin, Vistor's daughter, who always questions and out does her father at every turn she can because she seems tired of his foolishness and what he has done to their people. You run into her several times.

Those are several off the top of my head. The Exiles have many a interesting demale NPC that you run into along the way. I dont recall any of them dying in 15 minutes.

As for the vigilant church, yes it was definitely a beautiful room int he game, and looks awesome. THough I felt that some of these places, including Ilium were a little too clean... Also the Church isn't all might, as one of the first quests you do once getting off the Ark Ship and going to Ellevar is be betrayed by a priest who believes potenetial allies are in their way of claiming their destiny and poisons and kills an antire community of Pell who are willing to help the Dominion. He abused his power as a priest and went beyond anything he should of done. You end up killing him becase he attacks you. But the church definitely isn't totally glamorous, and as it's differing views.
Posted Mar 12, 14
Stars:
+357
The extended info for the females of the Exiles is interesting and all but they're not really related to this thread.

Yes, there is always corruption in the church or just about any organization, but I'm just providing general information of the Vigilant Church for those who are interested in it. I felt really awful about the Pell incident.
Posted Mar 12, 14 · OP
Page
of 9
NoticeNotices