Page
of 6

Timeline [WIP]

50 replies
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
While we have some general information about the events in the Galaxy and on the various planets, there is very few specifics about what happened when.
Many events aren't even given an estimated time, and so, stuff like background stories can be hard to put together.

This thread is for trying to slowly work out a timeline as more information emerges, and hopefully, we'll be able to get a clear idea about it as times passes. Please feel free to help with any and all information regarding the timeline in WildStar you might come across!

I'll keep a "Relative Timeline" in the first post and try to update it as we figure out more specifics. Some things might get switched around eventually, and hopefully, specific years will eventually be added when missing.

What I'm currently hoping to fill out soon are more specific years for the conflict between the Dominion and the Exiles: When exactly were the Granok and the Aurin forced to flee their home planets, when did the Dominion and the Exiles arrive at Nexus, etc. Hopefully, we'll be able to fill out some of the blanks soon.

Timeline [WIP]:

• > 2000 years ago : Rapid technology advancement on Cassus - Space faring developed

• 32 BE (Before Empire) Mechari arrive on Cassus, Warrior Tresyane Toria leaves for Nexus

• 0 AE (After Empire) Dominus the Half-Blood arrives on Cassus to found the Dominion Empire

• 344 AE: Assimilation of the Draken into the Dominion

• 538 AE: The Chua join the Dominion

• Around 600 AE : Disappearance of the Eldan

• 1213 AE : Mechari Ambassadors arrived on planet Gnox

• 1221 AE : The War of Gnox

• 1378 AE : The Cassian Civil War happened

• 1578 AE: Victor Lazarin releases the Everlife Elixir. The contagion spread soon after

• circa 1630s: The Exiles start smuggling Mordesh treated with the Vitalus Serum out of Grismara

• circa 1640: The Exiles arrive on Arboria

• 1656 AE : The Dominion arrive on Arboria: The Ravaging of Arboria began

• 1658 AE : Queen Myala Everstar is rescued from Arboria (along with many of her people)

• 1658 AE : Dorian Walker discovers planet Nexus

• Current time at Game Launch - circa 1665

And from WildStar JDR, we got a graphic representation:
frise-20.jpg
Posted Feb 16, 13 · OP · Last edited May 7, 14
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,991
Admins
Caretaker
Here, have ALL MY LIKES!

Seriously I love this. Sure, a ton of blanks and unsure info in here, but together we can scour the webs for more info, bug the developers for tidbits, and hopefully fill out all this information!

A good start, anyway. I love this!
patriciansignature2_zpse831ff55.png
Posted Feb 16, 13
Star
List
Undo
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Stars:
+606
We know the Exiles fled centuries ago, but not how many.

IT would seem that the Exiles have existed for at least several generations as an overall faction. By the Eldan I hope we get a full timeline so we don't have the issues that happened in WoW :d
Space Opera, Mecha, Psionic-Techno / Magic, Planetary / Courtly Politics
lits_banner_2_by_catsohori-d89aoll.png
Project Blog | Features List
Release Date: 2017

Links to check out:
[ Human / Cassian Lore Compendium ] | [ Racial Lore Guides ] | [ Class Lore Guides ]
Posted Feb 16, 13
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,991
Admins
Caretaker
ShadowedSin wrote:
We know the Exiles fled centuries ago, but not how many.

IT would seem that the Exiles have existed for at least several generations as an overall faction. By the Eldan I hope we get a full timeline so we don't have the issues that happened in WoW :d

Yeah we just recently read that as well:
Carbine wrote:
The discovery of planet Nexus by the famed explorer Dorian Walker represented a new beginning for the humans – a chance to lay down roots before the critical life support systems of the centuries-old Gambler's Ruin completely failed. Serving as the heart and soul of the Exiles, they are now ready to make their final stand against the Dominion that once again threatens their home.

So they've been in the Arkship and fleet for at least a couple generations before Dorian finds Nexus. Kind of an interesting background for ALL of us, isn't it? I mean, unless the game starts 100 years after the discovery of Nexus, your character (if you were an Exile Human) may have been born and lived on a ship.

To top that off, we don't know the ages of the other Exile races, so both of them might have had the same life. Can you imagine an Aurin culture and society being forced to live on a ship for generations and only now being allowed to explore a world full of plant life and nature?

No wonder Liara looked so happy in the opening cinematic trailer... >.> Like Rapunzel on her first day out of the tower.
Posted Feb 16, 13
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+52
Keep in mind that the Gambler's Ruin could have been quite aged prior to being commandeered. The Star of Dominus was Brightland's flagship, after all - I'm certain it wouldn't exactly have been a pile of scrap at the time.

I definitely do agree that the thought of the current generation of Exiles not knowing much about life outside the Arkship makes for a very interesting background, though. I certainly hope that's the reality, rather than a mad dash through the galaxy with a sudden "hey guys, I found it! Nexus is right over here!" coming from Dorian Walker. :p

Excellent job on the timeline. I've been begging the team for an official one via Twitter, but speculating on how things played out is fun, so if they give us one, I hope it won't be for quite some time!
Posted Feb 16, 13
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,991
Admins
Caretaker
starspun wrote:
Keep in mind that the Gambler's Ruin could have been quite aged prior to being commandeered. The Star of Dominus was Brightland's flagship, after all - I'm certain it wouldn't exactly have been a pile of scrap at the time.

This is actually an excellent point I hadn't even thought of! I had assumed just because they phrased it that way they were hinting at the journey length, but it could also be interpreted as just a very old ship he stole.

One interesting thing is in Dorian Walker's bio it says "Years in cheap spaceships without artificial gravity should have left him frail and killed him long ago, yet he is hale and hearty."

Now, this could mean Dorian was a space Explorer even before Brightland's Rebellion, but I wonder if he was either born in the fleet and always was an explorer... or at least there were a BUNCH of years in between the Rebellion and eventually when he found Nexus as an old man.

You're right though... sometimes speculation and guess-work based off all these little tidbits is MORE fun than actually knowing. >.> Of course, it sometimes makes it hard to prepare a character for launch!
Posted Feb 17, 13 · Last edited Feb 17, 13
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
All very good points! I think I'll leave it a bit open in the timeline for now, until we have a clearer idea of how long they were floating around in space before they found Nexus.

And I agree that it's fun getting all the info bit by bit. It's one of the cool things about having completely -new- lore. You have to go through everything they've written trying to piece it together.
Posted Feb 17, 13 · OP
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Stars:
+606
Quote:
After centuries of wandering the Fringe in their ramshackle fleet, humans are ready to settle down on Nexus using grit, backbone, and some old-fashioned elbow grease. And if those Dominion bastards are looking for a fight? Bring it on!
http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/races/human-exile.php

How old to Cassians live for, if Dorian was old enough to survive past the rebellion then he's pretty dang old according this blurb from the exile page oO
Space Opera, Mecha, Psionic-Techno / Magic, Planetary / Courtly Politics
lits_banner_2_by_catsohori-d89aoll.png
Project Blog | Features List
Release Date: 2017

Links to check out:
[ Human / Cassian Lore Compendium ] | [ Racial Lore Guides ] | [ Class Lore Guides ]
Posted Feb 17, 13
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,991
Admins
Caretaker
Totally missed that. Nice find, ShadowedSin! Guess the initial guess was correct, and the Exiles have been living and growing up in their fleet for centuries.

That's kind of super cool, and now I have to get a new idea in my head for my characters life up until the point of planet fall.

I wonder if they are keeping this kind of stuff vague because of how they want to reveal the FULL story for a player on launch day.
Posted Feb 17, 13
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
Ah, how did I miss that :d
So at least the humans have traveled in space for a couple of hundred years. It's still a bit unclear how long the other Exiles have been with them though.
With the Dominion attack on Gnox also happening "several hundred years ago", it would make sense to believe they joined forces shortly after. We also know that they were working together when the humans arrived at Arboria, as it states that they fought back by the help of Granok mercenaries.

We still don't know the time of the attack on Arboria though, and "centuries" is a bit vague... It could mean 200 years, or it could mean 500 years.
ShadowedSin wrote:
How old to Cassians live for, if Dorian was old enough to survive past the rebellion then he's pretty dang old according this blurb from the exile page oO

Well, I don't think it states anywhere that Dorian was part of the original rebellion, does it? Serrick Brightland led the rebellion and was later crypto-freezed due to his injuries, and then, much later, Dorian Walker finds Nexus. But for all we know, Dorian could have been born on an arkship.
Posted Feb 17, 13 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices